Interview........
Hope NOT :(
Passport Req..
HOPE SOON INSHALLAH
VISA ISSUED...
HOPE SOON INSHALLAH
LANDED..........
HOPE SOON INSHALLAH
Hi, congratulations on acceptance of the parents PR under H&C. May i ask how long did it take right from submitting the initial application to getting this message? besides, are the parents in Canada? and what is their country of citizenship! moreover, what were some of the strong points that you put in your application! The reason i ask is because i want to sponsor my parents, being the only child and always having lived outside of my home country, along with my parents, all our lives we do not have any close ties and no one to look after my parents in the home country. They are retired now and i want to have them here.

Thanks & appreciate your feedback. It will definitely help me a lot.

they r from afghanistan - and they are over 65 - another point is they have noone to return to their and we had a yound child invovled as they live with the grand kid - lots of family pics and lots of letters of support from family n freinds

Reactions: gejash

can1989

Dec 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2015
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
24-12-2015
File Transfer...
22-01-2016
Med's Request
none
Med's Done....
22-01-2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
HOPE SOON INSHALLAH
VISA ISSUED...
HOPE SOON INSHALLAH
LANDED..........
HOPE SOON INSHALLAH
i believed it took about 1yr for this letter since we applied - which was im jan 2016

gejash

Jun 3, 2014
Your parents need to be physically in Canada in order to file an H&C application. You can't do this while they are outside of Canada. Expect processing to take around two years.
Yes, my parents are in Canada. I extend their visit visa such that they can stay with me beyond 6 months. I have been doing so for last couple of years.

gejash

Jun 3, 2014
i believed it took about 1yr for this letter since we applied - which was im jan 2016
Thank you very much for the details. So if i understood correctly, the parents were with you in Canada when you applied for them on H&C grounds right? Secondly, the support letters that your family & friends issued, where they from Canada or back in Afghanistan and moreover did you get those letters notarized (from a lawyer for added authenticity)! Your case and mine is very similar given my parents age and i too have a small child and i cannot imagine them being away from him.

can1989

Dec 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2015
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
24-12-2015
File Transfer...
22-01-2016
Med's Request
none
Med's Done....
22-01-2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
HOPE SOON INSHALLAH
VISA ISSUED...
HOPE SOON INSHALLAH
LANDED..........
HOPE SOON INSHALLAH
Thank you very much for the details. So if i understood correctly, the parents were with you in Canada when you applied for them on H&C grounds right? Secondly, the support letters that your family & friends issued, where they from Canada or back in Afghanistan and moreover did you get those letters notarized (from a lawyer for added authenticity)! Your case and mine is very similar given my parents age and i too have a small child and i cannot imagine them being away from him.

letters were not notrized and from ppl within canada, get a letter from ur family doctor saying the child will be left with mental trauma if they leave all of a sudden - and they were here when we applied on a super visa

gejash

Jun 3, 2014
letters were not notrized and from ppl within canada, get a letter from ur family doctor saying the child will be left with mental trauma if they leave all of a sudden - and they were here when we applied on a super visa
Thank you very much for sharing details. It will greatly help in my application process. I hope and wish things turn out positive for my parents as well.

can1989

Dec 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2015
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
24-12-2015
File Transfer...
22-01-2016
Med's Request
none
Med's Done....
22-01-2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
HOPE SOON INSHALLAH
VISA ISSUED...
HOPE SOON INSHALLAH
LANDED..........
HOPE SOON INSHALLAH

Kadija16

Star Member
Mar 16, 2018
my husbands parents applied h&c grounds we receieved letter ill attach below- can someone tell me what it means?

From: NiagaraFallsBRO-BRA <NiagaraFallsBRO-BRA@cic.gc.ca>

http://cicintranet.ci.gc.ca/connexion/communications/poli-guide/fip-pcim/images/fip-e.jpg

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
Backlog Reduction Office – Niagara Falls
4318 Portage Road
Niagara Falls ON
L2E 6A4

Date:
UCI: cxx
Application:xxxxxx
RE:xxxxx
This refers to your application for permanent residence from within Canada on humanitarian and compassionate grounds. Recently, you received a letter advising you that a representative of the Minister of Citizenship and Immigration Canada approved your request for an exemption from certain legislative requirements to allow processing of your application for permanent residence from within Canada.
This letter also informed you that you were required to meet all other statutory requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for which you have not been granted an exemption, for example, medical, security, passport and arrangements for your care and support.

Before a decision can be made about whether you meet the admissibility requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, further information is required, specifically:

MEDICAL EXAMINATION

At this time, you (and any family member that has been included in your application) are required to undergo a medical examination. Please note that Immigration Health Services (RNH) will only accept an immigration medical performed by one of the designated medical practitioners listed on our website at:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx

Please contact one of these physicians or clinics and make arrangements for them to complete the medical. This form will be sent to the email address which you had provided to us on your application. The completed form must be sent by you or the physician to Health Management Branch (HMB) in Ottawa. Do not send the forms to our Niagara Falls office.

POLICE CERTIFICATES

It is necessary that you (and your spouse or common-law partner, if applicable, included on this application) provide criminal records check / police certificate from all countries, excluding Canada, in which you resided for 6 months or longer since the age of 18. This check must be national and not just local. For more information on how to obtain a police certificate, please visit:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp

The police certificates must include all criminal records under your name or confirm that you do not have a criminal record. You may be required to pay a fee to the agency. These fees are your responsibility. Please forward the ORIGINAL police certificate(s) by mail to this office together with, a certified translation document if the information submitted is not in English or French.

PASSPORT

Please be advised that you (and any family member that has been included in your application) must be in possession of a valid and subsisting passport in order for us to finalize your application for permanent residence. Please send a copy of the bio-data pages of your passport or travel document to our office. If you are unable to obtain a valid passport, please provide us with evidence of your passport application.

RIGHT OF PERMANENT RESIDENCE FEE

We require you to submit proof that you have paid the $490.00 Right of Permanent Residence Fee. Information on how to pay this fee can be found on our web site at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp. Please be advised that this fee applies to the principle applicant of this application and the spouse/common-law partner (if applicable). It does not apply to dependent children that may have been included in the application. After you have paid your fees, you must email/fax a copy of your receipt to our office.

FINANCIAL INFORMATION

Your application for permanent residence could be refused if you are not self-supporting, that is, in receipt of social assistance or welfare benefits, either directly or indirectly and you have not been granted an exemption from the requirement to be self-supporting. Please provide our office with copy of bank statements (3 months), proof of your employment and/or reasons why you are not working.
Please send all requested documents and/or information to our office within 60 days of this letter. If you have already provided any of the documents requested above, please advise when you submit all of the outstanding documents.
Ensure that you include your application number and CS3950 in subject line when corresponding with this office.

Regards,
C & I Assistant
Backlog Reduction Office
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
4318 Portage Road Niagara Falls ON L2E 6A4

NiagaraFallsBRO-BRA@cic.gc.ca
Facsimile | Télécopieur 905-354-4491
Are you landed right now

dsmith123

Aug 15, 2019
Hi. My sister's visitor visa has expired and we applied for her extension. Meanwhile we are going to apply for H&C grounds. When submitting the application, can she work in Canada, or do we have to wait for Stage 1 to be completed?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi. My sister's visitor visa has expired and we applied for her extension. Meanwhile we are going to apply for H&C grounds. When submitting the application, can she work in Canada, or do we have to wait for Stage 1 to be completed?
No - she cannot work.

She has to wait until she has first stage approval. She's likely looking at 1 to 1.5 years before that happens.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Does your sister actually have H&C reasons? Getting refused as an H&C applicant would mean she will have difficulty visiting Canada for a very long time. Reasons like she is all alone in her home country or that her nieces and nephews are attached to would unlikely be H&C reasons.

She should also purchase emergency health insurance because she won’t have access to healthcare on top of not being to work.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
H&C really needs to be reviewed and revised.....it’s getting out of hand.
IRCC could certainly clarify the requirements and examples of situations that do or don't qualify.

As for the numbers, about 3000-4000 H&C apps are approved each year. This includes people granted PR under public policies and through the permit holder class, not just H&C apps.

Reactions: canuck78