28-01-2020
Nomination.....
09-12-2019
AOR Received.
28-01-2020
IELTS Request
11-02-2020
Hi all,

So my application was approved on November 2020, but due to reasons listed below, I wasn't able to land in Canada and my visa has now expired. Are there options for me here or do I just have to do it all over again and apply for a new PR?

Here are the reasons I wasn't able to go:

1. Canada didn't open their borders until end of June last year.
2. The vaccine rollout was very slow in my country (NZ). It wasn't until end of August that they opened the vaccination schedule for everyone, and when it happened it was very difficult to book a schedule (ended up getting my first dose end of Sep 2021.)
3. I'm stuck in a catch-22 situation where prospective employees wants me to be settled in Canada before they proceed with my application, but I couldn't settle in Canada because I have no job lined up just yet. I felt it's too risky to upend everything without job security specially at the height of Covid.
4. NZ borders were closed and it's nearly impossible to enter because of the MIQ process. Basically, if I leave NZ I should make sure that I won't be coming back anytime soon, which is kinda hard to predict given that I didn't have any job lined up in Canada just yet.

So, in the end, my visa expired and I couldn't go to Canada anymore to finalise my PR. So, do I just have to do it all over again? I got my PR mainly because of PNP (Ontario), am I still eligible for that or is there a limitation?

avfortuna

Feb 18, 2020
New Zealand
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-01-2020
Nomination.....
09-12-2019
AOR Received.
28-01-2020
IELTS Request
11-02-2020
Sorry, I'm trying to move this thread into a more appropriate location but I don't know how. Kindly ignore this one.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi all,

So my application was approved on November 2020, but due to reasons listed below, I wasn't able to land in Canada and my visa has now expired. Are there options for me here or do I just have to do it all over again and apply for a new PR?

Here are the reasons I wasn't able to go:

1. Canada didn't open their borders until end of June last year.
2. The vaccine rollout was very slow in my country (NZ). It wasn't until end of August that they opened the vaccination schedule for everyone, and when it happened it was very difficult to book a schedule (ended up getting my first dose end of Sep 2021.)
3. I'm stuck in a catch-22 situation where prospective employees wants me to be settled in Canada before they proceed with my application, but I couldn't settle in Canada because I have no job lined up just yet. I felt it's too risky to upend everything without job security specially at the height of Covid.
4. NZ borders were closed and it's nearly impossible to enter because of the MIQ process. Basically, if I leave NZ I should make sure that I won't be coming back anytime soon, which is kinda hard to predict given that I didn't have any job lined up in Canada just yet.

So, in the end, my visa expired and I couldn't go to Canada anymore to finalise my PR. So, do I just have to do it all over again? I got my PR mainly because of PNP (Ontario), am I still eligible for that or is there a limitation?
When did you PR visa expire?