Med's Done....
01/2015
Passport Req..
04/2015
VISA ISSUED...
05/2015
LANDED..........
11/2015
Dear Fellow Members, Thanks for helping me in many ways. I am writing again to get some more help.
I am in USA. I landed last year and returned to US to take care of some unfinished business. Now, I am ready to move to Canada permanently with my Family.

1. During the last one we ended up having a baby surprisingly. My new born is a US citizen. I don't think it'll be a problem to bring him to Canada with US passport. I would like to know, should I apply for the baby's PR while in USA or should I move to Canada and apply. I am ready to move right away - by end of Dec'16

2. My in-laws are visiting US to see the baby and with us right now . They are ready to help us during the move and they'll have to travel to Canada in order to help us. I would like to apply a VISA so they could go to Canada with us for a couple of weeks. Since, we have not already moved to Canada and we do not any local Canadian address, can I still sponsor the parental VISA for them or should they apply for a tourist VISA and get there?

3. Couple of years ago, before we even applied for PR, they travelled to Canada as a tourist and they only got the VISA until their passport expiry, is there anyway they could renew the existing VISA with their current passport or is it going to be a new VISA application?

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
gprasad.n said:
1. During the last one we ended up having a baby surprisingly. My new born is a US citizen. I don't think it'll be a problem to bring him to Canada with US passport. I would like to know, should I apply for the baby's PR while in USA or should I move to Canada and apply. I am ready to move right away - by end of Dec'16

2. My in-laws are visiting US to see the baby and with us right now . They are ready to help us during the move and they'll have to travel to Canada in order to help us. I would like to apply a VISA so they could go to Canada with us for a couple of weeks. Since, we have not already moved to Canada and we do not any local Canadian address, can I still sponsor the parental VISA for them or should they apply for a tourist VISA and get there?

3. Couple of years ago, before we even applied for PR, they travelled to Canada as a tourist and they only got the VISA until their passport expiry, is there anyway they could renew the existing VISA with their current passport or is it going to be a new VISA application?
1 - Since you're a PR, you must be physically residing in Canada to submit your child's sponsorship app.
2 - There is no such thing as a "parental visa". They will apply for just a regular TRV. Or there is a supervisa option which you can look into but I'm pretty sure that requires you to already be living in Canada.
3 - If previous multi-entry one has expired, they will apply for a new TRV now

gprasad.n

Star Member
Jun 1, 2015
USA
App. Filed.......
06/2014
Med's Request
12/2014
Med's Done....
01/2015
Passport Req..
04/2015
VISA ISSUED...
05/2015
LANDED..........
11/2015
@ Rob_TO:- Thank you. I actually mean to write super visa. I am still in USA and not yet moved to Canada, do you know if I still can sponsor them a SuperVisa?

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
gprasad.n said:
@ Rob_TO:- Thank you. I actually mean to write super visa. I am still in USA and not yet moved to Canada, do you know if I still can sponsor them a SuperVisa?
No, since you don't have Canadian income to meet the LICO requirement, you won't qualify to get them a supervisa.