+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR for my wife

CANewbie42

Feb 27, 2021
Hi - my wife (we got married in the US in Feb 2023) wants to get her PR in Canada, I am a German citizen but have a Canadian PR since June 2021. Could someone be so nice and tell me how to get this started as efficiently as possible? thanks!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi - my wife (we got married in the US in Feb 2023) wants to get her PR in Canada, I am a German citizen but have a Canadian PR since June 2021. Could someone be so nice and tell me how to get this started as efficiently as possible? thanks!
You’ll need to move to Canada to start the sponsorship process. PRs must be living in Canada and continue to live in Canada during the sponsorship process. Are you compliant with your RO. You also should be compliant with your RO if you want to sponsor someone.

CANewbie42

Feb 27, 2021
You’ll need to move to Canada to start the sponsorship process. PRs must be living in Canada and continue to live in Canada during the sponsorship process. Are you compliant with your RO. You also should be compliant with your RO if you want to sponsor someone.
Thanks! I live in Canada and will continue to live here during the sponsorship process, so I comply to that. I am pretty sure RO stands for recognized organization but don't know what that means?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thanks! I live in Canada and will continue to live here during the sponsorship process, so I comply to that. I am pretty sure RO stands for recognized organization but don't know what that means?
Residency obligation. If you have been out of Canada less than 1095 days since becoming a PR (since you became PR less than five years ago), you are in compliance.

CANewbie42

Feb 27, 2021
Residency obligation. If you have been out of Canada less than 1095 days since becoming a PR (since you became PR less than five years ago), you are in compliance.
Ok, so what would be the next step if I want to apply to sponsor her?

CANewbie42

Feb 27, 2021
Ok, I have now found out that it means Residency Obligation and I am in compliance, what do I have to do to start the sponsorship process, which program on the immigration Canada website do I have to choose?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok, I have now found out that it means Residency Obligation and I am in compliance, what do I have to do to start the sponsorship process, which program on the immigration Canada website do I have to choose?
On the Canada.ca website, you click immigration, then family sponsorship, then click "sponsor your spouse" and you would prompt a webpage explainng the process and how to apply.