+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR for International Students

majid_kam

Jan 10, 2017
Hello folks,

I am a Ph.D. international student living in Montreal. What are the possible ways to get PR?

I understood that before introducing Arrima, the students are allowed to apply for CSQ after finishing half of the study. However, the new rules canceled that. So, I am seeking possible ways to apply to the PR?

I highly appreciate your help.

Phoenixation

Star Member
Sep 21, 2017
Hello folks,

I am a Ph.D. international student living in Montreal. What are the possible ways to get PR?

I understood that before introducing Arrima, the students are allowed to apply for CSQ after finishing half of the study. However, the new rules canceled that. So, I am seeking possible ways to apply to the PR?

I highly appreciate your help.
1. Move to any other province after graduation and apply through express entry, or
2. Have French language skills corresponding to at least level B2, graduate, apply though PEQ for CSQ, then apply for PR, or
3. Graduate, find a job in QC and apply via Arrima (no one knows more details about this method as they haven't fully rolled it out!) for a CSQ, then apply for PR

majid_kam

Jan 10, 2017
Thanks @Phoenixation for your reply.

As far to my understanding is that there is no way to get either CSQ or PR during my Ph.D. (even if I completed more than the half of the program), am I correct?

Last edited: