+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR for Canada

pith_123

Sep 14, 2017
I received an invitation for PR for Canada. After I submit all my documents to them they will send me a reply within six months duration. My question is after they ask me for my passport (if all my documents are proper) what is the time duration in which I need to go to Canada to collect my PR card? What would be the documents required for me to submit while I receive my PR card? And how many days I need to stay in Canada in order to complete the processing of the PR card?

zainy89

Star Member
Apr 17, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-03-2017
Nomination.....
11-01-2017
AOR Received.
03-03-2017
Passport Req..
Aug 22, 2017
Once the final decision is made on your application you will receive an email requesting for your passport after you send the passport they will stamp VISA on your passport and send it back to you along with COPR letter and if you are citizen of VISA exempt country then you don't need VISA but COPR letter. Now that you have COPR letter and passport you will have to complete the landing procedure which is by entering Canadian border at this point they will ask you what address you will like them to send your PR card which can take anywhere between 4-6 weeks before you receive the card, long story short you don't need any special set of documents for PR card except for your COPR and VISA if applicable.

pith_123

Sep 14, 2017
Once we land Canada and give them the address where we would like them to send us our PR card, Can we leave the country immediately or are we suppose to stay in Canada for a particular period of time.?

zainy89

Star Member
Apr 17, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-03-2017
Nomination.....
11-01-2017
AOR Received.
03-03-2017
Passport Req..
Aug 22, 2017
There's no such restriction to stay in Canada for x amount of time once the landing formality is done you are free to exit go back to your home country or elsewhere you plan to, and the address you provide for your PR card you can just tell the person to mail the PR cards to you

zainy89

Star Member
Apr 17, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-03-2017
Nomination.....
11-01-2017
AOR Received.
03-03-2017
Passport Req..
Aug 22, 2017
You are very welcome, feel free to shoot me a message if you have any questions you can inbox me will be glad to help.

pith_123

Sep 14, 2017
Hi,
Thank you for prompt response and help. I need some more help. So I came close to the deadline for submitting my application. The application requires two PCC 's to be submitted. 1. From the country of origin and 2. From the country of residence. I got the PCC from the country of origin but haven't got the PCC from the country of residence i.e U.S. FBI doesn't give any update over my PCC. Can I submit a letter of explanation stating the receipts on dates on which I requested the FBI to issue me PCC. If yes, it would be really great if anyone could help me with a format of the letter of applications or if someone has previously submitted a letter of application can send me one just for reference.
Thanking you

koniloni

Star Member
May 5, 2015
In PR application, can I use my cousin's name in the section 'Do you have a relative who is a citizen or permanent resident of Canada?'. He is a Canadian Citizen. I have already used his name when I applied for Ontario PNP application. He lives in Ontario.

zainy89

Star Member
Apr 17, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-03-2017
Nomination.....
11-01-2017
AOR Received.
03-03-2017
Passport Req..
Aug 22, 2017
In PR application, can I use my cousin's name in the section 'Do you have a relative who is a citizen or permanent resident of Canada?'. He is a Canadian Citizen. I have already used his name when I applied for Ontario PNP application. He lives in Ontario.
If you want to mention that you have relative in Canada who is Permanent Resident Or a Citizen you might wanna also include the scan copy of his/her PR card with your application.

koniloni

Star Member
May 5, 2015
If you want to mention that you have relative in Canada who is Permanent Resident Or a Citizen you might wanna also include the scan copy of his/her PR card with your application.
They are also asking for supporting documents to prove the blood relation. What type of document should I submit?