+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR extension for kid

IvanVano

Aug 29, 2017
Hi!
I'm about to send the extension letter for my kid and I have the following question.

It says that we should submit a photocopy of school records. Is it a requirement for school aged children or for daycare attendees as well?

My kid attended one daycare for 6 months when he was 3,5 years old. We split with that daycare badly, so I'm sure that they won't provide us with detailed records. The only thing we have from them is a signed contract, 1 observation card dated maybe December (he attended that daycare between November and April) and a clumsy letter from them to CRA(dated last year when my kid already left them) confirming his attendance (in reality it just says that the place for the kid was reserved from October, however he started attending only in November and ended in April without providing any actual dates when he was present or absent). This letter was accepted by the CRA though. We also have an attendance letter from sports classes that the kid attended in the same period.

In April the kid was transferred to another daycare and we have no problem to get a letter from them. The next year he went to public JK and we also have no problem to confirm that period.

Do we need to provide CIC with a letter from JK only as it's his first actual school or do we also need to include papers from daycares and if we do, will the documents we have be sufficient?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

Hi!
I'm about to send the extension letter for my kid and I have the following question.

It says that we should submit a photocopy of school records. Is it a requirement for school aged children or for daycare attendees as well?

My kid attended one daycare for 6 months when he was 3,5 years old. We split with that daycare badly, so I'm sure that they won't provide us with detailed records. The only thing we have from them is a signed contract, 1 observation card dated maybe December (he attended that daycare between November and April) and a clumsy letter from them to CRA(dated last year when my kid already left them) confirming his attendance (in reality it just says that the place for the kid was reserved from October, however he started attending only in November and ended in April without providing any actual dates when he was present or absent). This letter was accepted by the CRA though. We also have an attendance letter from sports classes that the kid attended in the same period.

In April the kid was transferred to another daycare and we have no problem to get a letter from them. The next year he went to public JK and we also have no problem to confirm that period.

Do we need to provide CIC with a letter from JK only as it's his first actual school or do we also need to include papers from daycares and if we do, will the documents we have be sufficient?
1. Day care and Kindergarten are not considered "schools" You can send the one from the JK if you want.