Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2014
Hello All,

I am a PR since January 2018 and had stayed in Canada for 700 days till now and currently out of Canada for around 2 years. I need to apply for renewal of the PR card. Can I travel to Canada and stay for around 40 days so that the number of days would be > 730 days, then apply for the PR renewal and return to home country (due to personal obligations).

Will the renewed PR card be delivered at my friends address ?

Kindly confirm.

Thanks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello All,

I am a PR since January 2018 and had stayed in Canada for 700 days till now and currently out of Canada for around 2 years. I need to apply for renewal of the PR card. Can I travel to Canada and stay for around 40 days so that the number of days would be > 730 days, then apply for the PR renewal and return to home country (due to personal obligations).

Will the renewed PR card be delivered at my friends address ?

Kindly confirm.

Thanks.
Are you sure you landed in 2018? The residency obligation is a five year rolling obligation. If you landed in Jan 2018, you have until Jan 2023.

Note that it's a rolling obligation. So at any given time, you need to be able to look at the previous five years and have spent at least 730 of those days inside of Canada.

kumar_montreal

Star Member
Sep 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2014
Hello,

Apologies, I landed in Jan 2017 and PR expires in Jan 2022. I have spent 700 days in Canada and rest outside Canada. I will fly back to Canada, complete the residency obligation of 30 days, and then apply for the PR renewal.
My query is, in that case, Can I apply fly out of Canada ? Will the new PR card be sent to my correspondence (friend's) address in Canada ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,

Apologies, I landed in Jan 2017 and PR expires in Jan 2022. I have spent 700 days in Canada and rest outside Canada. I will fly back to Canada, complete the residency obligation of 30 days, and then apply for the PR renewal.
My query is, in that case, Can I apply fly out of Canada ? Will the new PR card be sent to my correspondence (friend's) address in Canada ?
No you will likely have to pick it up in person. At that point whether you still meet your RO will be verified.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Hello,

With your history they will probably make it difficult for you. You will have a problem if they ask you to pick it up in person and you are outside Canada.

rahul4797

Feb 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2015
Nomination.....
10-06-2015
AOR Received.
11-20-2015
IELTS Request
Not applicable
Med's Request
May-31-2016
Med's Done....
June-06-2016
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hi Experts

Hope you are feeling well and healthy. I am looking for some help to get the answer for below questions around PR card renewal. We are residing in Canada from 4.5 years on PR card. I am in a process of applying for PR card renewal for me, my wife and 7 year old son.

01- Do all supporting document( for example passport copy, PR copy, birth certificate copy, etc) should be certified by Oath commissioners

02- Do I need to pay biometric fees as well for my son? Application guide says this

“you’ll need to give your biometrics and pay the biometrics fee if

you were less than 14 years oldwhen we received your application for permanent residence and you applied for permanent residence on or after July 31, 2018, AND

you are now older than 14 years old and are applying for a newpermanent resident card, a replacement or a renewal.”

03- What school records is required for kids( under the age of 18) ?
Will report card works or we need to send attendance record too?
How many years of school records are needed?

thanks in advance for your comments.

Rahul

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi Experts

Hope you are feeling well and healthy. I am looking for some help to get the answer for below questions around PR card renewal. We are residing in Canada from 4.5 years on PR card. I am in a process of applying for PR card renewal for me, my wife and 7 year old son.

01- Do all supporting document( for example passport copy, PR copy, birth certificate copy, etc) should be certified by Oath commissioners

02- Do I need to pay biometric fees as well for my son? Application guide says this

“you’ll need to give your biometrics and pay the biometrics fee if

you were less than 14 years oldwhen we received your application for permanent residence and you applied for permanent residence on or after July 31, 2018, AND

you are now older than 14 years old and are applying for a newpermanent resident card, a replacement or a renewal.”

03- What school records is required for kids( under the age of 18) ?
Will report card works or we need to send attendance record too?
How many years of school records are needed?

thanks in advance for your comments.

Rahul
The answer to questions 1, 2, and 3 is identical:

What do the instructions say? Do that.

1) if the instructions say those documents need certified copies or translations, do that.

2) If the instructions say you do not need to pay biometrics for children under 14, then don't.

3) If the instructions do not specifically require school records - then do not provide them.

Naheulbeuck

Aug 14, 2015
Hello,

Just to add, you need to continue to meet the residency obligation as they process your card and after that, just getting a new card will not reset the 5 years. What that means is that if you leave, at some point you may lose some of those 700 days (no longer in the rolling 5 year window) and therefore be in breach of your RO. Even if you make sure that doesn't happen while they process the card, and you get a new card, it will not matter if you don't meet your RO next time you travel back to Canada as you will run the risk of being reported and start the process of losing your PR, even with a brand new, shiny PR card.

Make sure in your plans that you take that into consideration to ensure you will continue to meet the RO if you want to keep your PR status.

Reactions: YVR123