+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Expire and out of Canada

Jamilmirza

Feb 4, 2019
Hi, I am a permanent resident. My PR card going expire in July. I am out of Canada and stuck outside because of COVID-19. I did not complete 730 days in Canada for the last five years to renew my PR. My family is a Canadian citizen and living in Canada. Is there any solution to renew the PR card and go back to Canada after July?

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
The only option is to attempt to enter from the US at a land border. Since you don’t meet RO, you’ll want to avoid applying to renew for 2 years if you successfully enter Canada.

Jamilmirza

Feb 4, 2019
The only option is to attempt to enter from the US at a land border. Since you don’t meet RO, you’ll want to avoid applying to renew for 2 years if you successfully enter Canada.
Thank you. Due to COVID-19, the Canadian embassy will not give any relaxation. Because now I can't travel due to flights are not available. If I ask the Canadian embassy to provide me any traveling paper for signal entry after July so I can travel back whenever the flights are open.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you. Due to COVID-19, the Canadian embassy will not give any relaxation. Because now I can't travel due to flights are not available. If I ask the Canadian embassy to provide me any traveling paper for signal entry after July so I can travel back whenever the flights are open.
Why would they? You haven't failed to meet the RO for the past 5 years due to COVID-19.

Reactions: Buletruck