+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Eligibility and Chances

Dec 24, 2023
Hi,

I'm working as Software Project Manager in GTA for past 4 years and currently on ICT Closed WP. Going to be 44 years old shortly, wife is home-maker. Is it true that ICT WP can be used only for 5 years and cannot be extended further?
What are the chances of getting PR, if I begin the application process now? Is CEC the right option for me?

Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,

I'm working as Software Project Manager in GTA for past 4 years and currently on ICT Closed WP. Going to be 44 years old shortly, wife is home-maker. Is it true that ICT WP can be used only for 5 years and cannot be extended further?
What are the chances of getting PR, if I begin the application process now? Is CEC the right option for me?

Thanks
You need to check your CRS score for Express Entry. Look at OINP too if company is willing to support your nomination. Don’t know about extensions. Just googled it - up to 7 years.

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2023
CRS score, assuming job offer from the current employer (worth 200 points) is 640. But I'm not sure if my employer will provide necessary documents for my PR application.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
CRS score, assuming job offer from the current employer (worth 200 points) is 640. But I'm not sure if my employer will provide necessary documents for my PR application.
So you are a CEO/CFO of the company to get 200 points with a NOC 00? What is your NOC? Usually you only get 50 points.

aquatea_tree

Star Member
Mar 13, 2023
What is a pre-approved LMIA? What is your NOC?
noc code for my job offer is 00015 and lawyer is saying it will get 200 points

i know lmia process takes almost a year by ESDC but she is saying its pre-approved.

Just need to clarify if am in good hands or something fishy

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
noc code for my job offer is 00015 and lawyer is saying it will get 200 points

i know lmia process takes almost a year by ESDC but she is saying its pre-approved.

Just need to clarify if am in good hands or something fishy
Never heard of it but you need a LMIA that is approved. Is it in your name?