+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Education Document Query

bananitin

Mar 15, 2018
Hi Sir,

Question 1) I'm MBA in PG and Bachelors of Technology in grad., Do I need to send transcript of both the degree? Also, do I need to send final or provisional degree?

Question 2) College has given transcript only in sealed envelope, how do I attach and send final or provisional degree along with transcript?

Question 3) When WES say you need to send "Degree - Final or Provisional", do I need to send the xerox copy or the original Provisional degree? Do I need to sign it?

Question 4) Can I send all the documents in single big envelop? (containing 2 more envelope of my both the degree)

Question 5) Do I need to get my wife education document evaluated? I'm PG + Grad + 4yrs wrk ex and my wife is grad+5yrs of wrk ex.

Thanks in advance for your help!

prpurohit

Mar 12, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
4th June, 2018
Med's Done....
15th june
Passport Req..
27th September
Hi Sir,

Question 1) I'm MBA in PG and Bachelors of Technology in grad., Do I need to send transcript of both the degree? Also, do I need to send final or provisional degree?

Question 2) College has given transcript only in sealed envelope, how do I attach and send final or provisional degree along with transcript?

Question 3) When WES say you need to send "Degree - Final or Provisional", do I need to send the xerox copy or the original Provisional degree? Do I need to sign it?

Question 4) Can I send all the documents in single big envelop? (containing 2 more envelope of my both the degree)

Question 5) Do I need to get my wife education document evaluated? I'm PG + Grad + 4yrs wrk ex and my wife is grad+5yrs of wrk ex.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Hi @bananitin ,

1. Yes you need to send transcripts for both bachelor's and master's degree.

2. Take photocopy/xerox of your degrees (no need to sign or attest). Just put photocopy of both degrees into an envelope. So you will have three envelopes, two for transcripts and one for photocopy of degrees.

3. You can put all three envelopes into one large envelope. Make sure you write your wes reference number on all three envelopes and also on the outer bigger envelope.

4. To increase your score you can get your wife's ECA done too...although it's not mandatory. But if you need your points to increase then you must to do it.

bananitin

Mar 15, 2018
Thank you Purohit. Didn't thought of getting response so soon. A P P R E C I A T E D :)

Quick one, What if me and my wife both apply for PR respectively. I'm not sure what are pros and cons of it.
For your 4th point above, If I go for ECA done for my wife, She'll be getting points which will going to add to our score. Correct?

prpurohit

Mar 12, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
4th June, 2018
Med's Done....
15th june
Passport Req..
27th September
Thank you Purohit. Didn't thought of getting response so soon. A P P R E C I A T E D :)

Quick one, What if me and my wife both apply for PR respectively. I'm not sure what are pros and cons of it.
For your 4th point above, If I go for ECA done for my wife, She'll be getting points which will going to add to our score. Correct?
I personally don't see the point in creating two separate profiles, because one will have higher points and other will have lower. So it makes sense to keep the profile with higher point. The ideal thing to do is check your CSR score ( http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp ) . Put yourself as primary applicant and her as secondary applicant and see what points you are getting. Then make her the primary applicant and yourself the secondary applicant and check the score. See which way your score is higher and proceed with that. Your final score will depend your ECA and ielts results...so get that done first.

Yes your wife's eca points will get added to your score. Or the other way round depending on who decides to be primary applicant.

Simkash

Apr 21, 2018
Hi @bananitin ,

1. Yes you need to send transcripts for both bachelor's and master's degree.

2. Take photocopy/xerox of your degrees (no need to sign or attest). Just put photocopy of both degrees into an envelope. So you will have three envelopes, two for transcripts and one for photocopy of degrees.

3. You can put all three envelopes into one large envelope. Make sure you write your wes reference number on all three envelopes and also on the outer bigger envelope.

4. To increase your score you can get your wife's ECA done too...although it's not mandatory. But if you need your points to increase then you must to do it.
Hello,

My query shares resemblance to the one you answered.

1) I have a MBA in hospital administration, a PG in DMLT & a B.Sc in zoology. Im getting my ECA done from WES, for Canada PR. 2 years out of the total 7 years of my work experience is based on my PG degree. What are the pros & cons of not sending my PG docs for ECA to WES?

2) How sure you are about, no need to sign or attest on photocopies of degree, provisional and/or marksheets. Just the photocopy will suffice?

3) As we are sending our documents (me & my husband) we might end up with 8 to 10 envelopes. What would you advice on this?

Looking forward to hear from you.

Many thanks in advance.

prpurohit

Mar 12, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
4th June, 2018
Med's Done....
15th june
Passport Req..
27th September
Hello,

My query shares resemblance to the one you answered.

1) I have a MBA in hospital administration, a PG in DMLT & a B.Sc in zoology. Im getting my ECA done from WES, for Canada PR. 2 years out of the total 7 years of my work experience is based on my PG degree. What are the pros & cons of not sending my PG docs for ECA to WES?

2) How sure you are about, no need to sign or attest on photocopies of degree, provisional and/or marksheets. Just the photocopy will suffice?

3) As we are sending our documents (me & my husband) we might end up with 8 to 10 envelopes. What would you advice on this?

Many thanks in advance.
1. Have all your degrees/diplomas been done in India? Not sure what is DMLT ...is that your highest education?. For Canada pr it is mandatory to get your highest education evaluated. Specifically for India it's required to evaluate both bachelors and master's if both were pursued in India.

2. I'm very sure, because that is what wes asks for on its website. I personally followed this procedure and successfully received my ECA.

3. It is normal to have 3-4 envelopes per person. I myself had 3 of mine and my husband had 4 as well. We sent our documents separately. Create one master envelope and place all envelopes in it. Mention wes reference number on every envelope. You can send yours and your husband's together with all 8 envelopes in one large master envelope. In this case you can to mention both your wes reference numbers on the master envelope. In either case both of you need to register and pay separately on the wes website.

Reactions: Simkash

Simkash

Apr 21, 2018
1. Have all your degrees/diplomas been done in India? Not sure what is DMLT ...is that your highest education?. For Canada pr it is mandatory to get your highest education evaluated. Specifically for India it's required to evaluate both bachelors and master's if both were pursued in India.

2. I'm very sure, because that is what wes asks for on its website. I personally followed this procedure and successfully received my ECA.

3. It is normal to have 3-4 envelopes per person. I myself had 3 of mine and my husband had 4 as well. We sent our documents separately. Create one master envelope and place all envelopes in it. Mention wes reference number on every envelope. You can send yours and your husband's together with all 8 envelopes in one large master envelope. In this case you can to mention both your wes reference numbers on the master envelope. In either case both of you need to register and pay separately on the wes website.
Thanks a ton!

1) Yes, all of my education is from India. Master's of business administration is my highest education, after that is my post graduation in lab technology and finally comes my bachelor's in science. The required documents for my master's & bachelor's are arranged, but I'm finding it very difficult to arrange for my post graduation documents.

So is it fine if I just send my master's and bachelor's, without my post graduation documents for ECA to WES?

Will it affect my CRS?

Will it affect my job experience? (I have total of 7+ years of job experience. 2 years of these 7 is in lab works, which I can only do if I have a post graduation in lab technology.)

2) Well noted!

All documents other then transcripts, only photocopy shall suffice.

3) Well noted and understood. Shall keep it in mind.

Many thanks in advance.

Simkash

Apr 21, 2018

@prpurohit
Hope you doing well.
Looking forward to your valuable reply on my above query.
Many thanks in advance.

prpurohit

Mar 12, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
4th June, 2018
Med's Done....
15th june
Passport Req..
27th September
Thanks a ton!

1) Yes, all of my education is from India. Master's of business administration is my highest education, after that is my post graduation in lab technology and finally comes my bachelor's in science. The required documents for my master's & bachelor's are arranged, but I'm finding it very difficult to arrange for my post graduation documents.

So is it fine if I just send my master's and bachelor's, without my post graduation documents for ECA to WES?

Will it affect my CRS?

Will it affect my job experience? (I have total of 7+ years of job experience. 2 years of these 7 is in lab works, which I can only do if I have a post graduation in lab technology.)

2) Well noted!

All documents other then transcripts, only photocopy shall suffice.

3) Well noted and understood. Shall keep it in mind.

Many thanks in advance.
Hi,
Then I would recommend you don't show two yrs of lab work in experience. Show the rest of the 5 yrs. As per ircc you need three yrs of work experience to claim maximum points, so your 5 yrs will work fine.

Even with ECA, I recommend you start the process and send your bachelor's and master's and see the results. If it comes as master's then you will have no problems and you will be able to claim maximum points in the education category too.

Reactions: Simkash

Simkash

Apr 21, 2018
Hi,
Then I would recommend you don't show two yrs of lab work in experience. Show the rest of the 5 yrs. As per ircc you need three yrs of work experience to claim maximum points, so your 5 yrs will work fine.

Even with ECA, I recommend you start the process and send your bachelor's and master's and see the results. If it comes as master's then you will have no problems and you will be able to claim maximum points in the education category too.
Well understood!
Assumptions were made by us and we were just waiting to see, wether there is someone who thinks the same as we do?

Thanks for the unconditional guidance.
Means a lot.