+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Delayed - PNP - Still in checking eligibility stage after 6.5 months

kapikaju

Jul 7, 2017
Hi Folks, I will really appreciate if any seniors can advise what could be going on my case..

I'm FSW-PNP inland and on work permit (technology sector). Received AOR on 8th Aug 2018 but till date no PPR. I forgot to upload job duties letter for canada during initial submission, and noticed officer was looking for it to map to NOC code. Submitted lot of paperwork to support NOC immediately in Jan but no updates in file even after 1 month.

Apparently CO hasn't touched the file since 28-Sept-18 which is getting me worried sick. Reached out to local MP for support and their calls are getting logged on case file (visible on GCMS notes)

Can someone please advise if this delay is normal, i understand work load etc, but when does the CO re-opens the file, and what happens if they can't find a document during initial review. No ADR and i proactively provided info base on case notes

Medical etc cleared (unsure of security progress)
Current status: Checking eligibility and BGC in progress

Thanks and much appreciated

kapikaju

Jul 7, 2017
1. Checking eligibility will never change until a decision is made.
2. MP inquiries have zero influence on CIC's processing.
3. Additional documents review can take sometime and you have already done what you could have done by proactively providing additional information.
4. The average processing time is 6 months for complete applications but since you had to provide more information, add some extra time there.

You should submit a webform requesting an updated status. You should see some movement on your case soon. Good luck!

Thanks for the reply Andy. CO hasn't added any comments since Sept '18 which is bothering me a bit. Is there a possibility they can reject without looking at additional documents i provided back in Jan? I was hoping they would raise ADR in Sept itself..

kapikaju

Jul 7, 2017
Hi, Any seniors who can help? It's over 7 months, no new updates in GCMS...I provided job duties in Jan and again in Feb (no ADR).

ASSESSMENTS
Eligibility: Review Required
Security: Not Started
HIRV:
Criminality: Passed
Org Crime:
Medical: Passed
Misrepresentation:
Info Sharing: Complete
Other Reqs:

Any suggestions how we can notify the CO to open the application? No activity or ghost updates. I'm worried my WP is expiring soon :(

TIA..