+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Confirmation "not valid for travel"

glossia

Oct 14, 2019
Hello. This has probably been asked before, but here it goes. We just got our Confirmation of Permanent Residence, but it has the watermark "Not valid for travel". What does that mean? Do I need to get a different kind of visa to enter Canada? Was it a mistake? I'm Mexican, and I don't need a visitor's visa (I used to have one, which was a sticker in my Passport). Should I get an ETA? I was under the impression that they asked for the Passports to be sent to them so they could affix a sticker or something, like with visitors visas. Is that not the case? I really appreciate your help!

Jnicole45

Jul 28, 2019
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-05-2019
AOR Received.
24-07-2019
"Not Valid For Travel" just means that the COPR itself is not a travel document, like a passport. So you couldn't land (or enter Canada) if all you had was the COPR, you would also need your passport with all the required Visas. If you require a visa, they ask for your passport before they send COPR, but if you don't require a visa to enter Canada then they should've just asked for a copy of the photo page of your passport. Since you have your COPR I assume you're past that step and should be all good to go for landing in Canada

Hamii

Star Member
Dec 23, 2018
What other information do u need once you've landed?. Do you need like spouses address work information ?? Anything specific??

Jnicole45

Jul 28, 2019
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-05-2019
AOR Received.
24-07-2019
What other information do u need once you've landed?. Do you need like spouses address work information ?? Anything specific??
I don't know, I haven't gotten to that step yet. But I imagine they would specify in any paperwork they send you prior to landing.

Prabhjotmona

Mar 26, 2018
Hello. This has probably been asked before, but here it goes. We just got our Confirmation of Permanent Residence, but it has the watermark "Not valid for travel". What does that mean? Do I need to get a different kind of visa to enter Canada? Was it a mistake? I'm Mexican, and I don't need a visitor's visa (I used to have one, which was a sticker in my Passport). Should I get an ETA? I was under the impression that they asked for the Passports to be sent to them so they could affix a sticker or something, like with visitors visas. Is that not the case? I really appreciate your help!

You need ur passport with it .. dont worry about what written on it as all the people who get it receive it that way .. just ask or call canadian embassy in ur country anout if u need a visa or not as rules about immigration changes without notice.. better safe then sorry .. congratulations and best of luck