+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR collection for minors

Nas_24

Aug 10, 2022
Hello everyone

I wish someone could help me with this , I’m Canadian citizen living abroad after divorce and due to legal issues with my ex-spouse could not travel back with my 10 year old boy to Canada during which his PR expired and I applied to renew it and got letter from IRCC to pick it up in person even for minor within 180 days . I missed the appointment given the kid in school and could not travel and applied for PRTD
So when I go there with my kid I have two concerns
1- what would they ask a kid !?
2- would it be possible to go walk in without appointment?

I really appreciate your help with my matter

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone

I wish someone could help me with this , I’m Canadian citizen living abroad after divorce and due to legal issues with my ex-spouse could not travel back with my 10 year old boy to Canada during which his PR expired and I applied to renew it and got letter from IRCC to pick it up in person even for minor within 180 days . I missed the appointment given the kid in school and could not travel and applied for PRTD

Your child was in school for the 180 days? Your child never apply for an absence even if he or she is sick?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello everyone

Did you get Canadian citizenship before or after you received Canadian citizenship? Were you born in Canada or abroad?

Nas_24

Aug 10, 2022
Your child was in school for the 180 days? Your child never apply for an absence even if he or she is sick?
I received the letter beginning of Feb and the school term will end last week of June

I didn’t get the absence point what do you mean

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I received the letter beginning of Feb and the school term will end last week of June

Do you know the meaning of "absence from school"?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017

Taking a few days/a week to get his PR card shouldn't be a big issue during school term.