+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR CEC/ BOWP/ spousal sponsorship

Vroom91

Jun 1, 2019
I have a closed WP until Nov 2019, currently accompanied by my spouse who has a dependent open WP. I am eligible for Federal CEC, my CRS score is 450 when the spouse is included in the application. However, if I calculate score without spouse it comes to 468! So, I should expect an ITA in the next draw. Currently, we stay in Montreal, so I am thinking to update my profile in CRA as the only applicant without spouse accompanying to get the ITA. Once I submit the documents after receiving ITA, we plan to move to Ontario and apply for BOWP for self so I can work legally in Canada. However, can my spouse also apply for dependent BOWP and she can still stay with me in Canada? Once I get my PR confirmation, can I still sponsor her inland PR?

Appreciate inputs on my queries above. thanks!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have a closed WP until Nov 2019, currently accompanied by my spouse who has a dependent open WP. I am eligible for Federal CEC, my CRS score is 450 when the spouse is included in the application. However, if I calculate score without spouse it comes to 468! So, I should expect an ITA in the next draw. Currently, we stay in Montreal, so I am thinking to update my profile in CRA as the only applicant without spouse accompanying to get the ITA. Once I submit the documents after receiving ITA, we plan to move to Ontario and apply for BOWP for self so I can work legally in Canada. However, can my spouse also apply for dependent BOWP and she can still stay with me in Canada? Once I get my PR confirmation, can I still sponsor her inland PR?

Appreciate inputs on my queries above. thanks!
If you list your spouse as non-accompanying, your spouse will not qualify for a BOWP.

Yes - once you get PR, you can sponsor your spouse inland.

Reactions: Vroom91

Vroom91

Jun 1, 2019
Thanks for your reply... Is there any other option she can still stay with me, while my PR is under process?