+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR cases with medical issues (ulcerative colitis/Crohn's)

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello all!

Does anybody heard about any cases with children?
My 3 year old son has Crohn's. Do our family have chances for successful immigration by Canadian Experience Class programm?
It's written on the official site that dependant children are exceptions for excessive demand reasons.
Does it mean that it does not matter how much treatment costs?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/inadmissibility/reasons/medical-inadmissibility.html
No your family is not exempt from this. You are not sponsoring your child as stated in the link. You are applying for PR through CEC. You all must go through the medicals. Your son may receive a procedural fairness letter and a panel of physicians will determine if his Crohn’s will be a burden on the health care system. It will depend on his needs and treatment plan.

Vahids

Jun 24, 2021
Hello everyone,

I have applied for PR through the new TR to PR stream and my wife is the main applicant. I have been diagnosed with Crohn's disease two years ago, a month before coming to Canada. I took Mezavant for a year and I was in remission but since my flare-ups got back my doctor prescribed Imuran which had worked for 4 months but lately again flare-ups are active.
It is eating me up whether my situation is medically inadmissible or not. I am on cheap medication. Does anyone know if new biosimilars made the cost of Crohn's treatment cheaper that overcomes the excessive demand for healthcare?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello everyone,

I have applied for PR through the new TR to PR stream and my wife is the main applicant. I have been diagnosed with Crohn's disease two years ago, a month before coming to Canada. I took Mezavant for a year and I was in remission but since my flare-ups got back my doctor prescribed Imuran which had worked for 4 months but lately again flare-ups are active.
It is eating me up whether my situation is medically inadmissible or not. I am on cheap medication. Does anyone know if new biosimilars made the cost of Crohn's treatment cheaper that overcomes the excessive demand for healthcare?
Unfortunately, no one can tell you. You will need to wait for the outcome of the medical and whether you get a procedural fairness letter. If reviewed, panel physicians don‘t just look at the cost of medications but whether your disease will be a burden on the health care system over the long term. Will you require surgery etc?

Vahids

Jun 24, 2021
Unfortunately, no one can tell you. You will need to wait for the outcome of the medical and whether you get a procedural fairness letter. If reviewed, panel physicians don‘t just look at the cost of medications but whether your disease will be a burden on the health care system over the long term. Will you require surgery etc?
Thank you for the info. No surgery has been needed so far since my condition is moderate and is painless. I checked and found biosimilars are being used in Canada since 2021 which are cheaper in case of necessity to biologics, which has not been my case. I am on Imuran which is super cheap. I was wondering if excessive demand would be an issue to Crohn's disease anymore? because I don't see any comment on this issue from last year in this forum.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you for the info. No surgery has been needed so far since my condition is moderate and is painless. I checked and found biosimilars are being used in Canada since 2021 which are cheaper in case of necessity to biologics, which has not been my case. I am on Imuran which is super cheap. I was wondering if excessive demand would be an issue to Crohn's disease anymore? because I don't see any comment on this issue from last year in this forum.
It can be considered excessive demand depending on your diagnosis. Have you had your medical?

bruthala

Jun 4, 2019
Hi Anyone have idea about what to fill in IMM 5669 form for serious medical condition?

I am suffering from Ulcerative colitis and currently on Remicade. I am applying for Provincial nominee.
Hi Shiva, I am in similar condition as you are and been taking Remecade for treatment. Just gave my medicals today for PR through Express Entry. May I know the status of your application. Did you receive any PFL or was it is not asked at all?

bruthala

Jun 4, 2019
Hi Anyone have idea about what to fill in IMM 5669 form for serious medical condition?

I am suffering from Ulcerative colitis and currently on Remicade. I am applying for Provincial nominee.
Hi Shiva, I am in similar condition as you are and been taking Remecade for treatment. Just gave my medicals today for PR through Express Entry. May I know the status of your application. Did you receive any PFL or was it is not asked at all?

shivang2793

Dec 17, 2017
surat
Hello bruthala, i didn't received PFL yet but i ordered gcms note and they mentioned that my medical condition can cause burden on their health care system .... what about you have you applied gcms note?

bruthala

Jun 4, 2019
Hello bruthala, i didn't received PFL yet but i ordered gcms note and they mentioned that my medical condition can cause burden on their health care system .... what about you have you applied gcms note?
Hey! Thanks for responding. No I haven’t requested for gems note yet. A couple days back I have received a request to give my biometrics. So at what phase do we usually expect PFL? Is it during the final decision phase?

shivang2793

Dec 17, 2017
surat
Hey! Thanks for responding. No I haven’t requested for gems note yet. A couple days back I have received a request to give my biometrics. So at what phase do we usually expect PFL? Is it during the final decision phase?
I am not sure.

I didn't receive PFL yet.

bruthala

Jun 4, 2019
I am not sure.

I didn't receive PFL yet.
Hey Shivang! One more question. The reason you applied for GCMS notes. Is it because your application was refused? or is it more a caution/curious to see where your application is at. Interested to know the circumstances. Also you have mentioned that there was a note mentioned, saying “your medical condition can be a burden” is that a note mentioned by immigration officer while assessing your application?

shivang2793

Dec 17, 2017
surat
Hey Shivang! One more question. The reason you applied for GCMS notes. Is it because your application was refused? or is it more a caution/curious to see where your application is at. Interested to know the circumstances. Also you have mentioned that there was a note mentioned, saying “your medical condition can be a burden” is that a note mentioned by immigration officer while assessing your application?
No,
my application is under process....I ordered gcms to know status of my application...yes it was mentioned in my gcms note that my medical condition cause excessive demand.