CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-06-2017
Doc's Request.
12-03-2018
LANDED..........
24-03-2018
We are a family of four: 2 adults, 2 dependant children. We landed late March 2018.

Today, May 4th I receive two emails from Permanent-Resident-Card(at)cic.gc.ca addressed each to one of our children saying the CIC can't issue them their PR cards because their photos we provided were not compliant/acceptable. This is pretty weird because we took our photos together - all four of us - on the same day at the same studio, but it's our kids' photos that they rejected but not ours.

The emails say we have 30 days to send the new photos or our kids' PR applications will be considered canceled.

I'm not sure what is going on. Back in March we were told we were immigrants now and we considered ourselves safe. But no, as it turns out!

I have a mind to send them our kids' new photos AND our new photos AND the COPRs of all four of us to boot just to be on the safe side.

I sound paranoid, I know, but I have had enough of the headache about the PR and we're just willing to do any stupid thing to make sure nothing goes wrong.

Anybody had a similar experience?

Last edited:

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Read the emails again it will be the current PR card applications that will be cancelled if you do not supply new photos it will not be your PR status. This happens quite frequently and never any logic to it so just follow the instructions and supply new photos as per any instructions. It is even possible your kids applications were processed by a different individual who made a different decision.

Only by the way send the photos and support documentation they ask for not anything else as might not get anything not asked for back

There are plenty of people who don’t even have a current PR card as they have no plans to travel anywhere so this is not a big issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: igoryen

igoryen

Feb 21, 2015
Toronto, ON
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-06-2017
Doc's Request.
12-03-2018
LANDED..........
24-03-2018
You're right. It says "If we do not receive the requested info within 30 days (...), your application for a permanent resident card will be considered canceled."
Oversight on my part.
Thanks!

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
You're right. It says "If we do not receive the requested info within 30 days (...), your application for a permanent resident card will be considered canceled."
Oversight on my part.
Thanks!
Your welcome all part of the stress involved in immigration, enjoy your new life.

Reactions: igoryen