+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card_Lost vs Stolen, what is the difference?

go.quebec

Mar 19, 2017
I just wanted to know if I need a police report if a PR card is lost, or only if it is stolen. Or, both.
Mine was lost not stolen, so I was confused and requested a police report after having my PRTD application in process.

Thanks for your responses.

Last edited:

CANADA-1

Jan 17, 2017
I just wanted to know if I need a police report if a PR card is lost, or only if it is stolen. Or, both.
Mine was lost not stolen, so I was confused and requested a police report after having my PRTD application in process.

Thanks for your responses.
Lost or Stolen means having been inadvertently lost or having been stolen by a third party without your assistance, consent or co-operation.

go.quebec

Mar 19, 2017
Lost or Stolen means having been inadvertently lost or having been stolen by a third party without your assistance, consent or co-operation.
Thanks, however, I am not sure a police report is required in either or both cases.
I am assuming it is needed only IF stolen, not for lost.
Is there any link on IRCC website anyone can share, i tried to search but cannot locate anything referring requirement for a police report for lost or stolen PR card..

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks, however, I am not sure a police report is required in either or both cases.
I am assuming it is needed only IF stolen, not for lost.
Is there any link on IRCC website anyone can share, i tried to search but cannot locate anything referring requirement for a police report for lost or stolen PR card..
If not stolen no need for a police report but you have to report that it is missing. Unfortunately missing PR cards can end up with a document forger or a person who will try to use a lost PR card to come to Canada.

go.quebec

Mar 19, 2017
If not stolen no need for a police report but you have to report that it is missing. Unfortunately missing PR cards can end up with a document forger or a person who will try to use a lost PR card to come to Canada.
Thank you for your reply.
I was actually looking for this information over cic website for a while, if you may know this link, could you please share it.

go.quebec

Mar 19, 2017

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just came to know that I have found my wallet including the pr card and other cards.
Please, can you advice me what to do now. is it worth anymore, as I already applied for PRTD. Please can you guide me accordingly.
Have you informed IRCC that your PR card has stolen or lost? If so, even if you found it later it will be invalid.

go.quebec

Mar 19, 2017
Have you informed IRCC that your PR card has stolen or lost? If so, even if you found it later it will be invalid.
I was about to submit IMM5451 today via fax, but just found the wallet and checked i have my pr card and other documents inside it. however i am not sure if my card is still valid as i already have applied for prtd from india and status showing submitted.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I just came to know that I have found my wallet including the pr card and other cards.
Please, can you advice me what to do now. is it worth anymore, as I already applied for PRTD. Please can you guide me accordingly.
PR card is still valid if you didn’t report it missing. If you have already reported it missing would contact IRCC via webform and the embassy/consulate that is processing your PRTD to report that you have found your wallet. If processing PRTD hasn’t started and PR card being reported missing hasn’t been reported, then you can return to Canada using your old PR card. If PR card has already been reported missing you will have to apply for a new PR card when you return to Canada.

go.quebec

Mar 19, 2017
PR card is still valid if you didn’t report it missing. If you have already reported it missing would contact IRCC via webform and the embassy/consulate that is processing your PRTD to report that you have found your wallet. If processing PRTD hasn’t started and PR card being reported missing hasn’t been reported, then you can return to Canada using your old PR card. If PR card has already been reported missing you will have to apply for a new PR card when you return to Canada.
I have only applied for PRTD so far on 8 January and status showing submitted, and since I am in India and it was never possible for me to call IRCC.
I was about to fax IMM5451 today but I just found my wallet.
So, is it considered missing even if i submitted PRTD and not informed IRCC of lost card.
I am really confused, I just want to check if i shall submit webform which will make whole IRCC aware or contact only embassy in India to withdraw PRTD.