+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card

amitc

Sep 20, 2018
Hello,
After getting the immigration visa and the permanent residency letter, when you enter Canada - is it mandatory to stay there for PR card? Can one give a local address and then return after 15 days of entry? I heard that card may take somewhere around 60 days to come. Would there be a problem if you leave Canada and one of ur friend or relative revive the card on their address and then ship it back to you in India ?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Hello,
After getting the immigration visa and the permanent residency letter, when you enter Canada - is it mandatory to stay there for PR card? Can one give a local address and then return after 15 days of entry? I heard that card may take somewhere around 60 days to come. Would there be a problem if you leave Canada and one of ur friend or relative revive the card on their address and then ship it back to you in India ?
There is no requirement to stay in a Canada awaiting your PR card. You can have the card sent addressed to you at a friends address who could then send it you by courier to you in India. If you intend to return to Canada before you have your PR card you would need to either apply for a PRTD or enter via the US land border with your COPR assuming you have a US visa.

Reactions: APPNOV2014NY
Nov 11, 2017
Hello,
I had got my or card but the landlord sent it back by mistake, how shall I reapply to get the pr card.shall I call Canada Post or cic.???