+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card

dranig

Jun 11, 2009
Hi All...I hope someone can identify with my circumstances and share your experience.

I landed in Canada on June 25, via Buffalo. I stayed for 5 days only. I need to get back to NY because of my current job. I only landed to satisfy the requirement and before my visa lapse. I am planning to settle when the economy is stable.

Anyway, I am asking for advice because the address that I gave to the Immigration Officer that process my paper when I landed did not have the unit number, only the building number (my friend didn't give it to me and I thought it was complete). My friend told me that she will inform the super of the building who usually gets all the 'undelivered' mail so that the mail will be put in her mailbox.

It's been 6 weeks now and the PR card hasn't come yet...or maybe it did but it couldn't find it's way to the "correct" address.

I have tried the Change of Address (on-line) 2 days after I landed, and the Address Notification (on-line) just yesterday...I don't know what else to do...how can I come back to Canada without my PR card?

Did this ever happen to anyone of you...or maybe someone you knew? Or maybe in a kind of similar situation...please I need your insight...HELP!!!!

GK

Dec 18, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2008
Passport Req..
20-07-2008
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2008
LANDED..........
01-10-2008
Call the 800 # and update your address with unit number

aanbaan

Champion Member
Apr 1, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-Apr-2009
Doc's Request.
14-May-2009
AOR Received.
09-Jul-2009
Med's Request
30-Aug-2009
Med's Done....
05-Sep-2009
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
30-Aug-2009
VISA ISSUED...
24-Feb-2010
LANDED..........
08-Aug-2010
If your PR card was undelivered, it must've made its way back to CIC. So, call them up and explain the situation... after listening to your situation, they may send it to your friend's address or ask you to collect it in person when you reach Canada.

Now, i know the next question.... to reach Canada, you can contact the CHC in Buffalo to provide you travel documents to travel to Canada again. this will be a single entry travel doc and you must collect your PR card after that.

there's nothing to worry about.. just call them up and follow procedure, everything will be alright.

dranig

Jun 11, 2009
dranig said:
Hi All...I hope someone can identify with my circumstances and share your experience.

I landed in Canada on June 25, via Buffalo. I stayed for 5 days only. I need to get back to NY because of my current job. I only landed to satisfy the requirement before my visa lapse. I am planning to settle when the economy is stable.

Anyway, I am asking for advice because the address that I gave to the Immigration Officer that process my paper when I landed did not have the unit number, only the building number (my friend didn't give it to me and I thought it was complete). My friend told me that she will inform the super of the building who usually gets all the 'undelivered' mail so that the mail will be put in her mailbox.

It's been 6 weeks now and the PR card hasn't come yet...or maybe it did but it couldn't find it's way to the "correct" address.

I have tried the Change of Address (on-line) 2 days after I landed, and the Address Notification (on-line) just yesterday...I don't know what else to do...how can I come back to Canada without my PR card?

Did this ever happen to anyone of you...or maybe someone you knew? Or maybe in a kind of similar situation...please I need your insight...HELP!!!!
HI ALL,

I POSTED THE QUESTION ABOVE A COUPLE OF MONTHS AGO AND GOT QUICK AND SINCERE RESPONSES. (THANKS TO YOU GUYS)!

I am back with the same question...I have emailed Buffalo office (since you can't really speak to anyone on the phone) about my PR card, here is their reply:

Dear Madam / Sir,

This is in response to your email (see below).

This office does not issue Permanent Resident Cards and cannot assist during the application process for a Permanent Resident Card. We cannot assist you in contacting the office in charge of the processing of Permanent Resident Cards in Canada .

Permanent Resident Cards are issued by the Permanent Resident Card Processing Centre in Sydney , Nova Scotia , Canada . Information is available on the Web site of the Citizenship & Immigration Canada (CIC): http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/pr-card/index.asp

You can also refer to the following Web pages to find answers to your questions:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/prcard.asp

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/pr-card/index.asp

If you still have questions after reading the CIC Web pages, you may contact the Permanent Resident Card Processing Centre. The Processing Centre does not take phone calls but you may write to them at:

P.O. Box 10020
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Canada
B1P 7C1

We trust this information will be useful to you.

Regards,

Canadian Consulate General Buffalo

Immigration Section

buffalo-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

USDNS Client Service/cw

I have written to the Nova Scotia office but to this date I haven't received any response.

Could anyone of you help me on what to do next?

THANKS to you all!!!