+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR CARD

manchai

Star Member
Mar 25, 2010
Hello Guys,

With god of grace my file for PR was approved last week. Now I live in uk. I got only 3 week vacation approved from my office. I need to go to Canada to get my PR card. Is it possible to get PR card in 3 weeks ? Has anyone know how long it takes to get PR card in Canada for new immigrant ?

Also is it quicker to get PR card in Edmonton than in Toronto ? Does it make any difference as i was thinking the processing time might be different as per different cities ?

I appreciate if you guys help me to get this sorted. As i cant get more than 3 week vacation otherwise i will loose my job in UK.

I look forward to receiving your valuable advise.

thanks,
M

bluecougar26

Star Member
Jul 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala City
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-2011 QSW, 01-06-2012 Federal
Doc's Request.
n/a
Nomination.....
26-04-2012
AOR Received.
26-08-2011 QSW, 04-07-2012 FED, 14-08-2012 2nd AOR
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
20-09-2012
Med's Done....
22-09-2012
Interview........
26-04-2012 QSW, Waived for Federal
Passport Req..
20-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2012
New permanent residents
33 calendar days

(This time applies if you have provided a mailing address)

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-card.asp

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
manchai said:
Also is it quicker to get PR card in Edmonton than in Toronto ? Does it make any difference as i was thinking the processing time might be different as per different cities ?
All PR cards are processed in the same place. This means that the processing times for all cities are the same.

You won't get your PR card in three weeks based on current processing times.

You'll either have to have someone in Canada mail the PR card to you or apply for a travel document to return to Canada.

Rawat anil

May 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 jan 2012
AOR Received.
feb 2012
IELTS Request
with application
Med's Request
12 July 2012
Med's Done....
02 Aug 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
11 oct 2012 DM on 15 oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
22 nov 2012
LANDED..........
16 jan 2013
i recently landed in toronto canada i have received my PR card in 45 days, official time line is 6-8 weeks but some people received in 3months too.

manchai said:
Hello Guys,

With god of grace my file for PR was approved last week. Now I live in uk. I got only 3 week vacation approved from my office. I need to go to Canada to get my PR card. Is it possible to get PR card in 3 weeks ? Has anyone know how long it takes to get PR card in Canada for new immigrant ?

I appreciate if you guys help me to get this sorted. As i cant get more than 3 week vacation otherwise i will loose my job in UK.

thanks,
M

ItsBeenLongNow

Champion Member
Nov 26, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
manchai said:
Hello Guys,

thanks,
M
I landed recently and got my PR cards in 31 days, thats the earliest right now, as not too many immigrants are landing in winter
you may land and come back and get some one to courier your cards

manchai

Star Member
Mar 25, 2010
ItsBeenLongNow said:
I landed recently and got my PR cards in 31 days, thats the earliest right now, as not too many immigrants are landing in winter
you may land and come back and get some one to courier your cards
Thank you very much for your advise. Is it 31 calander days ?? If i go back to UK without PR card, they wont ask question on the airport, why you are leaving the country without PR card ? Also I heared that due to security reasons, you cant courier Passports or PR card out of the country.

manchai

Star Member
Mar 25, 2010
scylla said:
All PR cards are processed in the same place. This means that the processing times for all cities are the same.

You won't get your PR card in three weeks based on current processing times.

You'll either have to have someone in Canada mail the PR card to you or apply for a travel document to return to Canada.

Many thanks for your reply. What about if i apply as PR card need urgently. on the cic website there is a link says if you apply in urgent we will send you PR card back in 3 weeks but you got to show proof of travel documents. Is it possible ?

I heared that PR card processing take different time based different province. Like Toronto is popular destination for new immigrant so it take long to process while Alberta is not that popular due to cold weather it takes short time.

manchai

Star Member
Mar 25, 2010
Rawat anil said:
i recently landed in toronto canada i have received my PR card in 45 days, official time line is 6-8 weeks but some people received in 3months too.
did you land in Toronto ? could you please explain me briefly the process how to apply the pr card. i know which forms needs to filled up but where to send and is it beneficial to send next day after landing as i already have my relative address in Canada. Please share your thoughts

ItsBeenLongNow

Champion Member
Nov 26, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
manchai said:
Thank you very much for your advise. Is it 31 calander days ?? If i go back to UK without PR card, they wont ask question on the airport, why you are leaving the country without PR card ? Also I heared that due to security reasons, you cant courier Passports or PR card out of the country.
No, no questions asked, no need to volunteer, just get your boarding pass(s) and enjoy the flight
I dont know about the "security reasons" however i got them delivered to me
yes 31 calendar days i received it

manchai

Star Member
Mar 25, 2010
ItsBeenLongNow said:
No, no questions asked, no need to volunteer, just get your boarding pass(s) and enjoy the flight
I dont know about the "security reasons" however i got them delivered to me
yes 31 calendar days i received it
so basically you land to canada airport. finish the formalities. show proof of funds etc. once you reach toronto....fill the application form correctly and send it with application fees. Write your relative's torronto address and job done.

after that wait for the PR card in the post. so i can go back to UK after 2 weeks. right ?

ItsBeenLongNow

Champion Member
Nov 26, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
manchai said:
so basically you land to canada airport. finish the formalities. show proof of funds etc. once you reach toronto....fill the application form correctly and send it with application fees. Write your relative's torronto address and job done.

after that wait for the PR card in the post. so i can go back to UK after 2 weeks. right ?
All yes, EXCEPT, the PR card application is filed and filled at the airport by the immigration officer, he/she
will ask you for local address, you just provide them that, they will do the rest, you will just sign the COPR
document when asked.
however, outside the airport you may/may not wanna apply for SIN card, driving license, bank account.
Also, do keep in mind, that some times, rarely, there is an issue with the pictures that we have
already submitted, as they deemed not as per the PR card photo specifications, in that case, instead of PR cards
we will receive a letter from CIC that they need fresh pictures, in that case we will need to send them the
pictures, in the worst case scenario, you can get a TD(travel document) to travel to canada if you do not have PR
card with you, so make sure you keep the COPR copy safe with you, you will need that to apply for TD

I hope its all clear now, all the best, enjoy your journey, and welcome to Canada :)

manchai

Star Member
Mar 25, 2010
ItsBeenLongNow said:
All yes, EXCEPT, the PR card application is filed and filled at the airport by the immigration officer, he/she
will ask you for local address, you just provide them that, they will do the rest, you will just sign the COPR
document when asked.
however, outside the airport you may/may not wanna apply for SIN card, driving license, bank account.
Also, do keep in mind, that some times, rarely, there is an issue with the pictures that we have
already submitted, as they deemed not as per the PR card photo specifications, in that case, instead of PR cards
we will receive a letter from CIC that they need fresh pictures, in that case we will need to send them the
pictures, in the worst case scenario, you can get a TD(travel document) to travel to canada if you do not have PR
card with you, so make sure you keep the COPR copy safe with you, you will need that to apply for TD

I hope its all clear now, all the best, enjoy your journey, and welcome to Canada :)
Thanks ....cant wait..,.looking forward to visit Canada first time with lots of hope and dreams. :) :) :) :)

coming back to PR card application....do i need to give fully filled application and application fee and photograph etc at Airport its self ? I didn't know that. So in my case i wants to apply on a urgent basis. On a cic website it says you can apply for an urgent request of PR card provided you have a proof of travel return tickets etc and reason why you want to apply on a urgent basis.

so do i need to give them a letter explaining why wants to apply for the urgent basis and travel proof on the air port itself ??

thanks for your help. its very useful.

soop

Jan 18, 2010
Hi ItsBeenLongNow

I landed a month ago but still not got my PR Card?Could you provide time line when did you landed?I landed on feb 6th.Waiting for PR cards.

thank you
soop

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
manchai said:
Many thanks for your reply. What about if i apply as PR card need urgently. on the cic website there is a link says if you apply in urgent we will send you PR card back in 3 weeks but you got to show proof of travel documents. Is it possible ?
No - not possible. Read the information on the CIC site again. Urgent processing is only available for PR card renewals - not for new arrivals.

ItsBeenLongNow

Champion Member
Nov 26, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
soop said:
Hi ItsBeenLongNow

I landed a month ago but still not got my PR Card?Could you provide time line when did you landed?I landed on feb 6th.Waiting for PR cards.

thank you
soop
replied to your PM already, also, you may wanna contact the help line so you will know if they have already been mailed to you

Good luck