+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Will Expire in July/13. Need Help! Thx!!!

pqml

Oct 20, 2011
My mom obtained her PR card in July 2008, and her PR card will expire in July 2013. She've only resided in Canada for 230 day between July 2008 and July 2013, if she can stay in Canada until the expiry day on her PR card.

My question is:

1. If she decides to stay in Canada after her PR card expires, can she renew her PR card after she stays for another 500 day (in order to accumulate 730 days in total)? Or, she needs to stay for 730 days since her PR card expires to get her PR card renewed (which means the 230 days don't count)?

2. Can she still work in Canada after her PR card expires? I'm also worried if she would be considered illegally living in Canada after her PR card expires.

many thanks... :'(

allaboutbooks

Feb 6, 2013
lets say she landed to canada on march the 1st , and you've o ready completed 230 days that means : 230 + 95 = 325 days witch dose not meet the PR renewal obligations and it also means that she got out of the 5 years window . that means she have to stay for another 730 days at least so she can apply for a renewal . i still recommend you to take serious action for it . for more and better information and advice's you can check what Leon and the other's said about my case , take a look at it .

Good luck

pqml

Oct 20, 2011
allaboutbooks said:
lets say she landed to canada on march the 1st , and you've o ready completed 230 days that means : 230 + 95 = 325 days witch dose not meet the PR renewal obligations and it also means that she got out of the 5 years window . that means she have to stay for another 730 days at least so she can apply for a renewal . i still recommend you to take serious action for it . for more and better information and advice's you can check what Leon and the other's said about my case , take a look at it .

Good luck
I phoned cic yesterday, and they said she needs to stay in the country until she meets the residence obligation. Then she can apply for renewal. Thanks a lot, allaboutbooks!