+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card waiting time

itspossible9

Feb 17, 2021
I got the same thing last Friday. Yes I believe we can start getting a SIN at least until we get the PR card.

I'm on the same boat since I never got the OWP. I'm wondering if we could get a refund on that, since we're basically approved now.
Remember you have 7 days to provide the photos and declare that you are in Canada.
Did you get refund for your OWP?

Reactions: mf2040

Naomi.

Star Member
Jan 26, 2019
Did you get refund for your OWP?
No refund, unfortunately.
Hello, sorry for the late reply!
I believe that you are able to get a refund for your OWP.

I called IRCC to ask about the status of my OWP once I received the email regarding my PR portal.
The agent said she thinks that I would be able to receive a refund and to call back whenever I receive the approval for my PR.

I called back on August 4, 2021 and they started a request to withdraw my OWP.
It's been about 2 and a half weeks and I didn't see a refund, so I called again today.
The agent said that it takes about 16 weeks for your withdrawal request to be reviewed, so I'm assuming it'll take a while to receive your refund.

I asked if there was a reference number for the withdrawal request and the agent said there's only a note on the file stating a request to withdraw, so it may be difficult to track or receive any updates regarding the OWP withdrawal.

Reactions: itspossible9