+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card waiting time

hnamson

Sep 17, 2019
Hello, I received an email on Friday saying that they are in the end of the process for my PR application. I was told that all i needed to do was confirm my address and send in a photo that will be used for my PR card. It says that they will provide a document that proves my PR status while i’m waiting for the PR card in the mail.

Curious at to what this really means, i’m trying not to get my hopes up but once they send me the document will i be able to receive a health card , drivers license, ext? I also am still waiting on word for my Open Work Permit, does this mean i am also approved for that as well ?

Also, how long does it usually take to receive the PR card in the mail ?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello, I received an email on Friday saying that they are in the end of the process for my PR application. I was told that all i needed to do was confirm my address and send in a photo that will be used for my PR card. It says that they will provide a document that proves my PR status while i’m waiting for the PR card in the mail.

Curious at to what this really means, i’m trying not to get my hopes up but once they send me the document will i be able to receive a health card , drivers license, ext? I also am still waiting on word for my Open Work Permit, does this mean i am also approved for that as well ?

You are in Canada?

mf2040

Star Member
Apr 26, 2016

I got the same thing last Friday. Yes I believe we can start getting a SIN at least until we get the PR card.

I'm on the same boat since I never got the OWP. I'm wondering if we could get a refund on that, since we're basically approved now.
Remember you have 7 days to provide the photos and declare that you are in Canada.

hnamson

Sep 17, 2019
I got the same thing last Friday. Yes I believe we can start getting a SIN at least until we get the PR card.

I'm on the same boat since I never got the OWP. I'm wondering if we could get a refund on that, since we're basically approved now.
Remember you have 7 days to provide the photos and declare that you are in Canada.
It says to just reply to the email with current address and photos? Is that what you did?

mf2040

Star Member
Apr 26, 2016
It says to just reply to the email with current address and photos? Is that what you did?
Reply to the email and provide the info they asked. After that they will send you login information so you can get into the portal and there you will have to send the photos.

hnamson

Sep 17, 2019
Reply to the email and provide the info they asked. After that they will send you login information so you can get into the portal and there you will have to send the photos.
Thanks ! How long did it take you to receive a response ?

hnamson

Sep 17, 2019
I got an email back with log in information the same day!
Havent heard anything back yet and its been three days, hoping i did it correctly. Is their anything i could have possibly missed?
Just responded to the email with my address and email and then answered the question about dependents (i have none)

BA2LAMAZ

Champion Member
Feb 25, 2016
Havent heard anything back yet and its been three days, hoping i did it correctly. Is their anything i could have possibly missed?
Just responded to the email with my address and email and then answered the question about dependents (i have none)
If you use gmail, you should probably check everywhere in your email - Updates, Promotion, Junk, etc.

mf2040

Star Member
Apr 26, 2016
as long as you did that and copy and pasted those lines of information they asked for (name, uci, recent entry to canada) then it should be fine. I would contact IRCC or send a webform. But check your junk mail first!

hnamson

Sep 17, 2019
I got an email back with log in information the same day!
So i received the email with the link to the portal to make an account which led me to insert the photos and address and all that. It now says in review with IRCC. Do you know what the timeline is for hearing back for them ? Or have you heard back yet?

mf2040

Star Member
Apr 26, 2016
So i received the email with the link to the portal to make an account which led me to insert the photos and address and all that. It now says in review with IRCC. Do you know what the timeline is for hearing back for them ? Or have you heard back yet?
Yes! It took me 10 days to get eCOPR. The photo I sent is still showing as "in review", since the issue of a PR card is taking a long time (or so I've heard)