+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card to be delivered overseas

boom_ptt

Nov 26, 2019
Hi everyone,

I got my PR approved in Nov, 2020 and at the end of Dec I flied back to my home country for family reasons without PR Card, but have CoPR. Now, it says that my PR card is on the way to my house in Canada. I am wondering if it is legal to have my friend sent the PR card to me?

If it's illegal, then I guess I need to do PRTD. However, my CoPR is going to expire the end of May. Would it be any problem if CoPR expires? Like would the IRCC deny my PRTD application?

I tried to look for info regarding the courier in older forums but didn't seem to get 100% confirmation, some said yes and others says no... plus those forums were created like 2-3 years ago, so not sure what's the update regulation for this, especially in the Covid situation.

If anyone has any experience similar like this recently, please share! I really appreciate your response :)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi everyone,

I got my PR approved in Nov, 2020 and at the end of Dec I flied back to my home country for family reasons without PR Card, but have CoPR. Now, it says that my PR card is on the way to my house in Canada. I am wondering if it is legal to have my friend sent the PR card to me?

If it's illegal, then I guess I need to do PRTD. However, my CoPR is going to expire the end of May. Would it be any problem if CoPR expires? Like would the IRCC deny my PRTD application?

I tried to look for info regarding the courier in older forums but didn't seem to get 100% confirmation, some said yes and others says no... plus those forums were created like 2-3 years ago, so not sure what's the update regulation for this, especially in the Covid situation.

If anyone has any experience similar like this recently, please share! I really appreciate your response :)
COPR has already been used so expiry date isn't relevant. You can't use it to travel by air after you land.