+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card timeline

rahul.calgary

Star Member
Jun 26, 2020
Hello Everyone,

Can you pls share your timeline for PR card application.
Since there are current applicants who have sent via email or through the PR portal, please do mention the mode of submission and the VO.

Mode of Submission: PR Portal
Photo uploaded: Dec 16th, 2020
eCOPR download available: Jan 12th, 2021
Photo current status: In review with IRCC
VO: Calgary

Thanks

Presh2019

Star Member
Apr 1, 2019
Hello Everyone,

Since there are current applicants who have sent via email or through the PR portal, please do mention the mode of submission and the VO.

Thanks
VO: London
COPR: Noc 25th (sent through email after interview phone call with officer)
Sent passport photo Nov 26th
Received PR card in 3 weeks

shaktimaan

Aug 9, 2011
Hello Everyone,

Thanks
Hi,
Could you please share how much time does it take for CORP to come?? And is corp coming through email or by post??
i have already got complete process in my CAS but havnt heard anything about CORP yet

Mta0014

Oct 2, 2020
Hello everyone
I got copr in the email on Jan 5th. Sent my photos and the letter to Ottawa VO on Jan 5th.
The courier was delivered Jan 7th. I raised a webform asking the status but they mention that thr is nothing in the system yet. Is this normal? Does the application open in the system once they start working on it?
Maybe @legalfalcon You can help answering this please.
Thank you

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello everyone
I got copr in the email on Jan 5th. Sent my photos and the letter to Ottawa VO on Jan 5th.
The courier was delivered Jan 7th. I raised a webform asking the status but they mention that thr is nothing in the system yet. Is this normal? Does the application open in the system once they start working on it?
Thank you

If there is nothing in the system then your application for PR card has not been entered and the package my not have been opened. In one of the Parliamentary Committee meetings in December it was reported that many packages are waiting to be opened due to shortage of staff.

Have you tried connecting your pR card application to your MyCIC account.

Mta0014

Oct 2, 2020
If there is nothing in the system then your application for PR card has not been entered and the package my not have been opened. In one of the Parliamentary Committee meetings in December it was reported that many packages are waiting to be opened due to shortage of staff.

Have you tried connecting your pR card application to your MyCIC account.
Sorry how do I do that?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Sorry how do I do that?
1. Login to CIC account.
2. Click on “Link an existing application to this account”. Click on “Link application to this account”
3. Select category as PR Card
4. Select UCI and Family name
5. Fill in the details as asked
6. Provide the date you became a PR, i.e. landed immigrant, see your COPR of the date.
7. Click on search
8. Select and submit.

If your application is not in the system it will not be reflected.

Also, some applicants are unable to link their PR card applications, which is normal. In such circumstances you will have to call IRCC to know the status.

Reactions: rahul.calgary

Mta0014

Oct 2, 2020
1. Login to CIC account.
2. Click on “Link an existing application to this account”. Click on “Link application to this account”
3. Select category as PR Card
4. Select UCI and Family name
5. Fill in the details as asked
6. Provide the date you became a PR, i.e. landed immigrant, see your COPR of the date.
7. Click on search
8. Select and submit.

If your application is not in the system it will not be reflected.

Also, some applicants are unable to link their PR card applications, which is normal. In such circumstances you will have to call IRCC to know the status.
Ok thank you so much. I tried that but nothing. Looks like they haven't opened my file yet.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Ok thank you so much. I tried that but nothing. Looks like they haven't opened my file yet.
You will just have to wait. If your application has not yet been entered into the system, then it won't show up.

Lostboi

Nov 17, 2020
Hello everyone
Thank you
Same situation here. Sent my photos on 4th January. They received it on 7th but they have not opened the mail I guess. I am unable to link it to my profile so far.

splummer

Aug 18, 2020
Same situation here. Sent my photos on 4th January. They received it on 7th but they have not opened the mail I guess. I am unable to link it to my profile so far.
Maybe you are using the wrong date when you became PR, don't use the date in the information letter, Use the date on your document status in your application. I was having the same problem

Lostboi

Nov 17, 2020
Maybe you are using the wrong date when you became PR, don't use the date in the information letter, Use the date on your document status in your application. I was having the same problem
The document status bar shows the same date as on the document :( it says my document will expire in April and I can no longer stay in Canada? I'm worried now.

rahul.calgary

Star Member
Jun 26, 2020
The document status bar shows the same date as on the document :( it says my document will expire in April and I can no longer stay in Canada? I'm worried now.
When you say document, do you mean the COPR? If so I think, it's just the validity of the document and not your PR.
@legalfalcon, Please correct me if I am wrong.

Lostboi

Nov 17, 2020
When you say document, do you mean the COPR? If so I think, it's just the validity of the document and not your PR.
I see. Yes, it's confusing. The Copr says it's valid for a year. But if I click on document status "(?)" or document status itself says valid till April 2021.

Will wait for more clarification on the pr card linking. There is only one date everywhere for PR. I think Vancouver office is slow. I saw someone applied on Dec 5 and got pr card on 25th Jan. Plus, holidays would have delayed the whole process on top of COVID-19.

I am not too worried about the card being delayed, but rather my status in general.

Thanks, Rahul. Yeah, any info would be much appreciated :)

Reactions: Kaurjaswinder

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
COPR only gives the date before which you have to land in Canada. Once you become a PR, you can stay in Canada indefinitely. However, you will have to maintain the physical presence status, i.e. you must have been in Canada for at least 730 days during the last five years.

The PR card is valid for 5 years, after which it has to be renewed.