+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Timeline (Through Online Portal after ECOPR)

Jarex

Star Member
May 30, 2021
Hey all! Hope you're all well!

Received the portal invite from Montreal on Thursday and submitted requested info the same day ,no response yet though ,phone agent said the offices work over the weekend and he has seen people landed on Saturdays so here's to hoping.

Sim2193

Star Member
Jun 29, 2021
Received eCoPR on 19th Jan, 2022. Was able to link in 4th attempt with UCI and Family name option. Status shows submitted in GC key. In portal - address and photo still under review.

for how long do we have to wait to get PR card?

thank you

BabyYoda

Nov 17, 2021
Canada
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
07-09-2021
Med's Done....
21-10-2021
Linking your application is optional and I dont think it will speed it up. But, it does inform you when it's been approved (my PR portal still shows "in review").

Follow these instructions to link you PR application to your CIC account. Specially "Place of Birth".

Linking PR Card application;
1. Login into your CIC account as you usually do.
2. Reach the page where you click "Check full application status" to view your application and messages
3. But do not click on that rather click on " Add (link) your application to your account"
4. Select the "Category" from the dropdown as "Permanent Resident Card"
5. Under Application Details, from "Please select one" select "Unique Client Identifier (UCI) and Family Name"
6. Put your UCI as it is NO SPACES and NO HYPHES
7. Put your Family Name as on you CoPR - UPPER and LOWER CASE matter here
8. The tricky one, Place of Birth Section. Here "City/town of birth" is very very crucial. Copy it as it is on your CoPR or GCMS Notes, any commas, upper/lower case, spaces, just copy it here.
9. Select your "Country/territory of birth" from the drop down
10. Next section is pretty easy as you just select your "Date you became a permanent resident" from dropdown. This is the day you did your landing by either flagpole or landing interview
11. Put "Country of Citizenship" and "Current marital status" from dropdowns.
12. Click "Search for my application", if all the inputs are correct then it will show you that the system has found your application. You just have to click Link my application to account and it will now be shown on "View the applications you submitted" page with your Permanent Residency application.
13. If after clicking "Search for my application" it show no application found, click Try again and try to input all the values carefully again. Each day it allows you 5 attempts. It it still doesn't find your application, you can try again the next day.
Hi there, any advise what to put in under Place of Birth is eCOPR has just left that field blank? Tried to enter nothing and get error. Tried to enter as per passport and get message that application can not be found.

sponsort

Jun 14, 2018
Hi there, any advise what to put in under Place of Birth is eCOPR has just left that field blank? Tried to enter nothing and get error. Tried to enter as per passport and get message that application can not be found.
Try what's on your GCMS notes if you have it. But I think you should get your eCoPR fixed too.

Alalac

Oct 2, 2021

Received the portal invite from Montreal on Thursday and submitted requested info the same day ,no response yet though ,phone agent said the offices work over the weekend and he has seen people landed on Saturdays so here's to hoping.
I was landed on a Sunday evening but not all officers work on the weekends. That's depend entirely on where your process was sent to. Good luck

Reactions: Jarex

rajpotula

Star Member
Aug 27, 2016
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
20-08-2020
Hi all,

Finally got my eCoPR yesterday! :) But they made a mistake with my passport number, just one digit...they wrote "1" instead of "2". In the mail they sent saying Congratulations, they wrote at the end to email them back if I found any errors in the COPR, which I did. Hopefully they can rectify the error and issue a new document online, instead of me going through the amendment process. @legalfalcon Any suggestions would be appreciated, thank you :)

SweetQueen

Nov 12, 2020

That is true. We received eCOPR last Saturday.
That was 5 days after submitting PR portal information.

Reactions: Jarex

JamCan56

Star Member
Sep 6, 2021
Received eCoPR on 19th Jan, 2022. Was able to link in 4th attempt with UCI and Family name option. Status shows submitted in GC key. In portal - address and photo still under review.

for how long do we have to wait to get PR card?

thank you
Varies alot! Some people in a few days while others a few months. Average processing time is around 2-2.5 months

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi all,

Finally got my eCoPR yesterday! :) But they made a mistake with my passport number, just one digit...they wrote "1" instead of "2". In the mail they sent saying Congratulations, they wrote at the end to email them back if I found any errors in the COPR, which I did. Hopefully they can rectify the error and issue a new document online, instead of me going through the amendment process. @legalfalcon Any suggestions would be appreciated, thank you :)
Send an email and wait. If they correct it, that would be ideal, if not then you will have to follow the process:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/request-amend-record-landing-confirmation-permanent-residence-valid-temporary-resident-documents.html

Reactions: rajpotula

rajpotula

Star Member
Aug 27, 2016
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
20-08-2020
Got a reply from them today:

Dear Client,

Thank you for advising us of the Incorrect passport number.

Request to Amend Valid Temporary Resident Documents or Information Contained in the Confirmation of Permanent Residence:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/request-amend-record-landing-confirmation-permanent-residence-valid-temporary-resident-documents.htm

We assure that your permanent residency application will not be affected by it, thus action to correct it will only be taken if necessary due to extraordinary circumstances.

So, sent the application and the required documents by priority mail just now.

Just a quick question: If I travel outside Canada, maybe in March, will it be a problem when I am coming back into Canada, if I have the PR card but the COPR is not yet updated? @legalfalcon @EscoBlades Thanks! :)

BabyYoda

Nov 17, 2021
Canada
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
07-09-2021
Med's Done....
21-10-2021
We received email today that our photo’s has been rejected on the portal. We already resubmitted new photos. Anyone that had similar experience that can share how long the process took after re-submitting new photos to receive PR cards?