+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Timeline (Through Online Portal after ECOPR)

rajs2128

Dec 22, 2021
Hi All,

My PR card has been mailed on 14th Jan. Do you know how many days it would take to reach to me? I am in Vancouver area. Following is the timeline:

PR Card linked with GCKey: 8th Jan
PR Card approved and mailed in GCKey: 14th Jan
PR Portal status - No change
Address - "Accepted by IRCC"
Photo - "In Review with IRCC"

Thanks.

Afi365

Star Member
Jun 27, 2020
Linking your application is optional and I dont think it will speed it up. But, it does inform you when it's been approved (my PR portal still shows "in review").

Follow these instructions to link you PR application to your CIC account. Specially "Place of Birth".

Linking PR Card application;
1. Login into your CIC account as you usually do.
2. Reach the page where you click "Check full application status" to view your application and messages
3. But do not click on that rather click on " Add (link) your application to your account"
4. Select the "Category" from the dropdown as "Permanent Resident Card"
5. Under Application Details, from "Please select one" select "Unique Client Identifier (UCI) and Family Name"
6. Put your UCI as it is NO SPACES and NO HYPHES
7. Put your Family Name as on you CoPR - UPPER and LOWER CASE matter here
8. The tricky one, Place of Birth Section. Here "City/town of birth" is very very crucial. Copy it as it is on your CoPR or GCMS Notes, any commas, upper/lower case, spaces, just copy it here.
9. Select your "Country/territory of birth" from the drop down
10. Next section is pretty easy as you just select your "Date you became a permanent resident" from dropdown. This is the day you did your landing by either flagpole or landing interview
11. Put "Country of Citizenship" and "Current marital status" from dropdowns.
12. Click "Search for my application", if all the inputs are correct then it will show you that the system has found your application. You just have to click Link my application to account and it will now be shown on "View the applications you submitted" page with your Permanent Residency application.
13. If after clicking "Search for my application" it show no application found, click Try again and try to input all the values carefully again. Each day it allows you 5 attempts. It it still doesn't find your application, you can try again the next day.
Thank you very much
In the PR CARD portal it was approved before but now It shows as submitted.

Last edited:

sponsort

Jun 14, 2018
Does your CIC account shows mailed as well. My status is received eCOPR and my GC account shows application Approved but OR portal says photo in review so not sure where we will see mailed information?
Dont worry about the portal. Sometimes it never gets updated even after you get the PR card.

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Linking your application is optional and I dont think it will speed it up. But, it does inform you when it's been approved (my PR portal still shows "in review").

Follow these instructions to link you PR application to your CIC account. Specially "Place of Birth".

Linking PR Card application;
1. Login into your CIC account as you usually do.
2. Reach the page where you click "Check full application status" to view your application and messages
3. But do not click on that rather click on " Add (link) your application to your account"
4. Select the "Category" from the dropdown as "Permanent Resident Card"
5. Under Application Details, from "Please select one" select "Unique Client Identifier (UCI) and Family Name"
6. Put your UCI as it is NO SPACES and NO HYPHES
7. Put your Family Name as on you CoPR - UPPER and LOWER CASE matter here
8. The tricky one, Place of Birth Section. Here "City/town of birth" is very very crucial. Copy it as it is on your CoPR or GCMS Notes, any commas, upper/lower case, spaces, just copy it here.
9. Select your "Country/territory of birth" from the drop down
10. Next section is pretty easy as you just select your "Date you became a permanent resident" from dropdown. This is the day you did your landing by either flagpole or landing interview
11. Put "Country of Citizenship" and "Current marital status" from dropdowns.
12. Click "Search for my application", if all the inputs are correct then it will show you that the system has found your application. You just have to click Link my application to account and it will now be shown on "View the applications you submitted" page with your Permanent Residency application.
13. If after clicking "Search for my application" it show no application found, click Try again and try to input all the values carefully again. Each day it allows you 5 attempts. It it still doesn't find your application, you can try again the next day.
Great post. Question, can one link the PR application to their CIC account even while waiting for a CoPR? I've received Portal credentials and confirmed my in Canada presence, as well as submitted my photo. Just waiting on the CoPR.

arunesh.vikram

Dec 31, 2019
Saskatoon
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2020
Nomination.....
05-02-2020
AOR Received.
27-01-2021
Med's Done....
30-08-2021
Passport Req..
19-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
14-02-2022
LANDED..........
28-01-2022
Can we delay in replying to 1st Portal email? Is there any time limit to reply to Portal 1 email?

sponsort

Jun 14, 2018
Great post. Question, can one link the PR application to their CIC account even while waiting for a CoPR? I've received Portal credentials and confirmed my in Canada presence, as well as submitted my photo. Just waiting on the CoPR.
I dont think you can because you need the landing date, which will only be stated on your eCoPR.

Reactions: EscoBlades

Alalac

Oct 2, 2021
No you can't

Guri Mander

May 6, 2021
Hello members, need your advise on this matter.
i have received my ecopr on 14th jan and waiting for pr card since then , i have to go to India for very urgent work for 10 days and i hold 10 year canada visitor visa , am i allowed to come back on visitor visa or i have to apply for travel document ? second how long travel document take to process?

Reactions: Lxman

sonusweetie

Star Member
Apr 1, 2021
Hello members, need your advise on this matter.
i have received my ecopr on 14th jan and waiting for pr card since then , i have to go to India for very urgent work for 10 days and i hold 10 year canada visitor visa , am i allowed to come back on visitor visa or i have to apply for travel document ? second how long travel document take to process?
All your visas become invalid the day you become a PR. You'll just have to travel to your destination country and apply for a PRTD. The processing times for PRTD vary depending on the country you are going to ... check canada.ca for that. It's there somewhere. The third option is to enter Canada by road in a private vehicle using eCoPR, but that is possible only via USA ... and to enter USA you'll need a valid visa. So either wait till you get the card in hand or travel and apply for PRTD.

Reactions: Guri Mander

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I called, sent web forms, and even emailed the immigration minister. Will see what happens I guess
We got reply from IRCC portal today that there are record number of landings (hence PR card delays) and that COPR can be used for any legal neeeds in the meantime. Basically a copy/paste of their previous reply...