+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Timeline (Through Online Portal after ECOPR)

Purpleyam

Star Member
May 28, 2021
which application do i need to link to CIC account here?
PR application is already linked to the Online account and there is no update in the Online account even though we have already received the COPR. Same application will reflect the update for PR card or will it be a new application that you are referring to that i need to add to the same CIC account?
Its not the same, doesn't offer any advantage of doing so, other than the fact that you may know if its shipped. Having said that not everyone has been successful in linking the PR card application.
Here are some instructions that might help. I didn't write them, just compiled from some place else, would have loved to give the credit but the place of origin escapes me now. I'm sure its from one these forums!
Linking PR Card application;
1. Login into your CIC account as you usually do.
2. Reach the page where you click "Check full application status" to view your application and messages
3. But do not click on that rather click on " Add (link) your application to your account"
4. Select the "Category" from the drop down as "Permanent Resident Card"
5. Under Application Details, from "Please select one" select "Unique Client Identifier (UCI) and Family Name"
6. Put your UCI as it is NO SPACES and NO Hyphens
7. Put your Family Name as on you CoPR - UPPER and LOWER CASE matter here
8. The tricky one, Place of Birth Section. Here "City/town of birth" is very very crucial. Copy it as it is on your CoPR, any commas, upper/lower case, spaces, just copy it here.
9. Select your "Country/territory of birth" from the drop down
10. Next section is pretty easy as you just select your "Date you became a permanent resident" from drop down. This is the day you did your landing by either flagpole or landing interview
11. Put "Country of Citizenship" and "Current marital status" from drop down.
12. Click "Search for my application", if all the inputs are correct then it will show you that the system has found your application. You just have to click Link my application to account and it will now be shown on "View the applications you submitted" page with your Permanent Residency application.
13. If after clicking "Search for my application" it show no application found, click Try again and try to input all the values carefully again. Each day it allows you 5 attempts. It it still doesn't find your application, you can try again the next day.

SjSsPR

Jun 8, 2021
Its not the same, doesn't offer any advantage of doing so, other than the fact that you may know if its shipped. Having said that not everyone has been successful in linking the PR card application.
Here are some instructions that might help. I didn't write them, just compiled from some place else, would have loved to give the credit but the place of origin escapes me now. I'm sure its from one these forums!
Linking PR Card application;
1. Login into your CIC account as you usually do.
2. Reach the page where you click "Check full application status" to view your application and messages
3. But do not click on that rather click on " Add (link) your application to your account"
4. Select the "Category" from the drop down as "Permanent Resident Card"
5. Under Application Details, from "Please select one" select "Unique Client Identifier (UCI) and Family Name"
6. Put your UCI as it is NO SPACES and NO Hyphens
7. Put your Family Name as on you CoPR - UPPER and LOWER CASE matter here
8. The tricky one, Place of Birth Section. Here "City/town of birth" is very very crucial. Copy it as it is on your CoPR, any commas, upper/lower case, spaces, just copy it here.
9. Select your "Country/territory of birth" from the drop down
10. Next section is pretty easy as you just select your "Date you became a permanent resident" from drop down. This is the day you did your landing by either flagpole or landing interview
11. Put "Country of Citizenship" and "Current marital status" from drop down.
12. Click "Search for my application", if all the inputs are correct then it will show you that the system has found your application. You just have to click Link my application to account and it will now be shown on "View the applications you submitted" page with your Permanent Residency application.
13. If after clicking "Search for my application" it show no application found, click Try again and try to input all the values carefully again. Each day it allows you 5 attempts. It it still doesn't find your application, you can try again the next day.
i was able to link my application, thanks for your help. All the best with your case.

Reactions: Purpleyam

nachi_812

Jan 7, 2021
Category........
CEC
Finally all done - Got my PR Card yesterday in mail.
My Timelines
AOR : 28th Oct 2020
PR portal request : 05th June 2021
PR portal credentials : 10th June 2021
Photo/declaration uploaded :10th June 2021
E-COPR : 18th June 2021
Photo Accepted & Case Closed on Portal: 1st August 2021
PR card Received in mail : 4th August 2021 (Received From Sydney)
Visa office : VLU (Ottawa)

nirmalathilak

Star Member
Jan 19, 2018
Finally, the PR journey comes to an end. :cool: :cool: :cool:

Timelines
Aor: 24 march 2021
PR portal request: 20 July
PR portal credentials: 20 July
Photo/declaration uploaded: 20 July
E-COPR: 22 July
PR card: approved and dispatched on 5 August
Visa office: Vancouver
waiting for the PR card...

I wish everyone here soon will reach your PR destination.:):):)

Reactions: Njm

vraj123

Aug 6, 2021
Finally, the PR journey comes to an end. :cool: :cool: :cool:

Timelines
Aor: 24 march 2021
PR portal request: 20 July
PR portal credentials: 20 July
Photo/declaration uploaded: 20 July
E-COPR: 22 July
PR card: approved and dispatched on 5 August
Visa office: Vancouver
waiting for the PR card...

I wish everyone here soon will reach your PR destination.:):):)
Hi ... Where did you see this message approved and dispatched on 5 August.

vraj123

Aug 6, 2021
Hi all..
Below are my timelines.

AOR : 05th June 2021
PR portal request : 17th July 2021
PR portal credentials : 17th July 2021
Photo/declaration uploaded :18th July 2021
E-COPR : 19th July 2021
Photo and Address: in review with IRCC
Visa office :Received email from virtual landing unit not sure which office
Link account: Able to link account on 4th Aug 2021

PR card application status is submitted but if I open the Full application status I could see the below message which was updated on 2nd Aug 2021
We mailed your permanent resident card to you. Your card can take up to six weeks to arrive.

Does this mean it is already mailed? What are the different statuses we see in the PR card application?

R888

May 15, 2020
Finally the moment that I had been waiting for a long time has come :)

My timelines:
Submitted FSW Application: July 18 2020
Submitted CEC Application: May 24 2021
CEC Approved: June 17 2021
Portal Request: June 17 2021
Photo and address uploaded: June 17 2021
ECOPR: July 6 2021
PR Card: Aug 6 2021
Address accepted, but photo is still in review on portal

I feel like portal isn’t doing a good job, so I would say don’t trust portal that much ;)

NewDestination

Star Member
Feb 9, 2020
Hi, does anyone experience the weird situation. My husband and my kids got approved for their pr cards at the same time 2 weeks ago. After 5 days my Kidd's pr cards arrived in the mailbox but no card for my husband. My pr card was approved 1 week after them and I got my card in the mailbox after 4 days too. It has been 15 days after file approved and closed but we haven't received my husband' pr card yet. What should we do?. @legalfalcon please help with your suggestion. Thank you

Reactions: Deepdhindsasandhu

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi, does anyone experience the weird situation. My husband and my kids got approved for their pr cards at the same time 2 weeks ago. After 5 days my Kidd's pr cards arrived in the mailbox but no card for my husband. My pr card was approved 1 week after them and I got my card in the mailbox after 4 days too. It has been 15 days after file approved and closed but we haven't received my husband' pr card yet. What should we do?. @legalfalcon please help with your suggestion. Thank you
Unlike the immigration application, the PR cards are processed, approved and sent individually.

If you haven't received one PR card, wend a webform or call IRCC and ask if the chard was processed and shipped.

vraj123

Aug 6, 2021
Hi all..
Below are my timelines.

AOR : 05th June 2021
PR portal request : 17th July 2021
PR portal credentials : 17th July 2021
Photo/declaration uploaded :18th July 2021
E-COPR : 19th July 2021
Photo and Address: in review with IRCC
Visa office :Received email from virtual landing unit not sure which office
Link account: Able to link account on 4th Aug 2021
PR Card in mail: 6th Aug 2021

PR card application status is submitted but if I open the Full application status I could see the below message which was updated on 2nd Aug 2021
We mailed your permanent resident card to you. Your card can take up to six weeks to arrive.

Does this mean it is already mailed? What are the different statuses we see in the PR card application?
I received my PR card on 6th Aug 2021