+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Timeline (Through Online Portal after ECOPR)

Mtille

May 28, 2020
I seriously don't understand why does it have to take so long to print PR card, they can just allow people to travel with e-COPR if they think their machine will run at snail pace. Making it harder for everyone. Seriously I felt did a mistake immigrating to Canada. last 3 years has been stressful waiting for PR. Even end of the process , they want us to wait for some stupid plastic card. Take so long for plastic card as if they are building an aeroplane.
everything is a "must wait" haha

SweetQueen

Nov 12, 2020
I received response like below:

Thank you for your email inquiry.

Your file is with another office.

Please send your inquiry and future inquiries to: IRCC.ClientPortalOntario-OntarioClientPortail.IRCC@cic.gc.ca as this is the office that has your file.

Thank you,

Calgary IRCC Landing Office
I received same response when I sent to this email too. They gave me another email that has Niagara in it and when I emailed the second office, I was told that my photo has been reviewed and sent to production, that once it is sent to production, they have no control over processing time. I also sent Webform but no response yet. I received eCOPR since January 15.
Nothing else but to wait and keep praying.

Reactions: Mtille

patpatia1

Jun 27, 2018
Ok so it looks like only when I send an email to IRCC, an action is taken immediately. See my timeline:
Jan 11, 2022 - 1st and 2nd Portal Email. Submitted everything on the portal the same day
Jan 12, 2022 - DM on ECAS
Jan 19, 2022 - Sent an email reply to the first portal email for an update on eCoPR
Jan 20, 2022 - eCoPR (I also linked PR Card application on GCKey the same day)
Jan 21, 2022 - GCKey GU for PR Card application
Mar 3, 2022 - Sent an email to IRCC.ClientPortalPrairies-PrairiesClientPortail.IRCC@cic.gc.ca to follow up on PR Card application status
Mar 4, 2022 - IRCC responded "Your card has been sent to card production. Once the card is completed, it will be mailed to you."
Mar 8, 2022 - GCKey PR Card application approved - "We mailed your permanent resident card to you. Your card can take up to six weeks to arrive."
Mar 11, 2022 - PR card received in the mail

They literally sent my card to production the day after I sent the email, had I not done that, I don't know how much longer I would have to wait. Well, that's it for my PR journey. See y'all in the Citizenship thread in 2 years!
Anybody knows how to link the pr card application as i have a representative but i want to link it with my account whats the process can anybody guide me

Mtille

May 28, 2020
That would be basically acknowledgement of receipt of your email they will respond later. What did you emailed about please share details and timeline
I emailed them regarding the status of our PR card. We got the Ecopr already and on the portal, our address and photos are still under review. I just want to know if it was already in the process of printing.

rafi862003

Star Member
Jan 4, 2021
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-aug-2020
AOR Received.
21-aug-2020
I got a reply from IRCC and they said my PR card has been sent to card production.

Does anyone know how long it will take for PR card to be mailed?
I also got email on 28-Feb that my card is sent to Production, i called IRCC 17-March and the agent again confirmed the same info tht my card is in Production and should be processed sooner but didn't not commit any definite timelines...Its almost 6 months that i got COPR..

CV Suresh

Aug 26, 2020
yes i will and i received the Ecopr on March 11
I received CoPR on 15-Nov-2021... been waiting for PR card for the last 4 months.. sent several emails, called to IRCC on +1 888-242-2100 ... There is no luck.. they are always giving very generic info stating that your Application is in progress and we are processing ..... Not sure when they complete process and mail my PR card... it's really frustrating.