+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Timeline (Through Online Portal after ECOPR)

blam34

Star Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ok so it looks like only when I send an email to IRCC, an action is taken immediately. See my timeline:
Jan 11, 2022 - 1st and 2nd Portal Email. Submitted everything on the portal the same day
Jan 12, 2022 - DM on ECAS
Jan 19, 2022 - Sent an email reply to the first portal email for an update on eCoPR
Jan 20, 2022 - eCoPR (I also linked PR Card application on GCKey the same day)
Jan 21, 2022 - GCKey GU for PR Card application
Mar 3, 2022 - Sent an email to IRCC.ClientPortalPrairies-PrairiesClientPortail.IRCC@cic.gc.ca to follow up on PR Card application status
Mar 4, 2022 - IRCC responded "Your card has been sent to card production. Once the card is completed, it will be mailed to you."
Mar 8, 2022 - GCKey PR Card application approved - "We mailed your permanent resident card to you. Your card can take up to six weeks to arrive."
Mar 11, 2022 - PR card received in the mail

They literally sent my card to production the day after I sent the email, had I not done that, I don't know how much longer I would have to wait. Well, that's it for my PR journey. See y'all in the Citizenship thread in 2 years!

dipan17

Feb 14, 2022
Ok so it looks like only when I send an email to IRCC, an action is taken immediately. See my timeline:
Jan 11, 2022 - 1st and 2nd Portal Email. Submitted everything on the portal the same day
Jan 19, 2022 - Sent an email reply to the first portal email for an update on eCoPR
Mar 3, 2022 - Sent an email to IRCC.ClientPortalPrairies-PrairiesClientPortail.IRCC@cic.gc.ca to follow up on PR Card application status
Mar 4, 2022 - IRCC responded "Your card has been sent to card production. Once the card is completed, it will be mailed to you."
Mar 8, 2022 - GCKey PR Card application approved - "We mailed your permanent resident card to you. Your card can take up to six weeks to arrive."

They literally sent my card to production the day after I sent the email, had I not done that, I don't know how much longer I would have to wait. Well, that's it for my PR journey. See y'all in the Citizenship thread in 2 years!
same here, got the pr card in mail today…..similar timelines

Reactions: HARRY HARPREET

rafi862003

Star Member
Jan 4, 2021
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-aug-2020
AOR Received.
21-aug-2020

Thanks i also mailed the same id you have mentioned and got the below mail on 28-feb, I just linked my Pr card application today to my GC key and i still see the status as "Submitted" :( ( Initially it was " Pending Registration" and after few seconds turned into "Submitted").

I=============================================================
Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry regarding your PR card. Your card is currently at card production.

Your PR Portal account had been closed prematurely is now open again.

The status of your Photo in the portal will remain at In Review with IRCC until the PR Card status is updated to Sent to Client or sent to IRCC.

At this time, IRCC has currently reduced operational capacity due to exceptional measures to curb the spread of the COVID-19.

As a result, there will be significant delays in processing the high volume of first time PR card applications.

Therefore, we are unable to provide an approximate timeline of the production and distribution of the cards.

However, please be assured that we are doing everything possible to complete the PR card process for our clients.

For further inquires, please contact the Client Service Center at 1-888-242-2100.

Thank you for your patience,

Calgary IRCC

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
==================================================================================

shiffimehta

Star Member
Jul 23, 2020
hii everyone,,
i got my ecopr on dec9 but still nothing.. now m in india i applied travel document on feb6 nothing yet.. any suggestions pls..

Seunggak Park

Dec 22, 2020
I got a reply from IRCC and they said my PR card has been sent to card production.

Does anyone know how long it will take for PR card to be mailed?

Ashav

Dec 18, 2018
Hello
My Timeline
Jan 17,2022- PR confirmation email & replied same day. I received same email continously for 3 days & replied to all with same details.
Jan 21,2022- send an email requesting portal accessing details.
Jan 23,2022- Received portal login details & Submitted on the same day.
Jan 25,2022- Received ecopr(mine+spouse) & linked pr card application to Cic account.
Feb 3,2022- send first email with a request for urgent process due to an upcoming travel but no response. Send 2 webforms & got generic reply.
Feb 23 midnight- my pr card got approved.
Photo revision request for spouse.
Feb 25- submitted new photo
Feb 25- received my pr card
Feb 28- Send webform along with the photo of my spouse as I don't want any issue with photo requirements.
Mar 2,2022- Ghost update for spousal pr card application
Mar 4,2022 & Mar 7,2022- Send emails to etobicoke office & received reply as 'the card is under production'.
Mar 9,2022- Second GU & Spouse pr card approved
Today,Mar 14,2022- Received pr card.
Portal account still shows in review with ircc.
PR journey came to an end.
As my personal experience, I found emailing them really helps to move the application. Also linking PR card to cic account helps to get better updates than portal acct.
I am from Toronto.
My PR application was processed at Edmonton.
Copr- virtual unit
VO- Etobicoke
PR card- Sydney.
I hope this information will be helpful for someone. Good luck guys.

Alalac

Oct 2, 2021
After the webform i sent this week, it is showing approved and saying the card was mailed. I've seen 2 gus last week in my gckey account. Hopefully the card will arrive next week :)
My last update as my journey to PR is finally over! Today finally I received my PR in the mail! It came from Nova Scotia! Good luck everyone!! :) :D

This is the best immigration forum on the internet! I learned a lot from everybody here!

Trust your journeys and see you in 2 years when applying for citizenship!!

SweetQueen

Nov 12, 2020
My last update as my journey to PR is finally over! Today finally I received my PR in the mail! It came from Nova Scotia! Good luck everyone!! :) :D

This is the best immigration forum on the internet! I learned a lot from everybody here!

Trust your journeys and see you in 2 years when applying for citizenship!!
Congrats.

HARRY HARPREET

Dec 31, 2019

dm toECAS ? I AM IN SAME BOAT WAITING FOR E CORP FROM LAST WEEK ANY ADVICE WHAT CAN I DO

duggaltanvir

Star Member
May 3, 2017
Hello everyone,
Feb 10, 2022, eCOPR and haven't received my PR yet.
my CIC Account says PR application approved but when I try to link PR Card it doesn't allow me.
Does anyone know how long for PR card? I have seen a few people wait 8 months.
Is there a way I can know the status of it, any information is appreciated?

Thank you

Gujju Patel

Mar 7, 2022
You will able to link application. Try to link using uci and family name. Usually people does mistake in birth place. So, you need to put according to your passport. City(,)(space)State
Eg. Mohali, Punjab
Hello everyone,
my CIC Account says PR application approved but when I try to link PR Card it doesn't allow me.

Thank you

Gujju Patel

Mar 7, 2022
You will able to link application. Try to link using uci and family name. Usually people does mistake in birth place. So, you need to put according to your passport. City(,)(space)State
Eg. Mohali, Punjab
Hello everyone,

Thank you

manishsap21

Dec 21, 2020
Hello
My Timeline
Jan 17,2022- PR confirmation email & replied same day. I received same email continously for 3 days & replied to all with same details.
Jan 25,2022- Received ecopr(mine+spouse) & linked pr card application to Cic account.
Feb 3,2022- send first email with a request for urgent process due to an upcoming travel but no response. Send 2 webforms & got generic reply.
Feb 28- Send webform along with the photo of my spouse as I don't want any issue with photo requirements.
Mar 4,2022 & Mar 7,2022- Send emails to etobicoke office & received reply as 'the card is under production'.
As my personal experience, I found emailing them really helps to move the application. Also linking PR card to cic account helps to get better updates than portal acct.
I am from Toronto.
Copr- virtual unit
VO- Etobicoke
PR card- Sydney.
Hi @Ashav Congratulations!!!
My photo got rejected today and got an email from CIC-Etobicoke-Immigration@cic.gc.ca mail id saying "Please submit your photograph via email attachment by responding to this message. Do not create a new message, as it will cause delays in your application" and on the PR portal website it says "Requires Revision".
Could you please help if I need to only respond to the e-mail with attached photos or also need to upload it in the PR portal again?
PR portal still says "Requires Revision" and what email Id you followed up?

CV Suresh

Aug 26, 2020
Hello
My Timeline
I am from Toronto.
Copr- virtual unit
VO- Etobicoke
PR card- Sydney.
Please provide email address to follow-up. Thanks