+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Timeline (Through Online Portal after ECOPR)

sonusweetie

Star Member
Apr 1, 2021
Hi did you get the email from the VO processing your application . I heard from IRCC over the phone that mine was sent for printing on Feb 2nd as well but didn't get anythg yet
My VO was Ottawa and so I think they were the ones who replied eventually. If your card has gone for printing on 2nd Feb, it should have come to your mailbox by now... if not then better call them and ask if it's mailed and which day it was mailed.

Abhishek.s1990

Star Member
Jan 5, 2018
My VO was Ottawa and so I think they were the ones who replied eventually. If your card has gone for printing on 2nd Feb, it should have come to your mailbox by now... if not then better call them and ask if it's mailed and which day it was mailed.
Thanks will check my VO was the worst Etobicole took over a year to process a inland CEC application and now this . Such a bad exp

SweetQueen

Nov 12, 2020
MY CARD IS FINALLY IN MY HANDS!!!!!!! Actually it must have arrived on Friday the 11th itself, as I was out of town and just got home to check my mail. My trials and tribulations of the past 11 years (10 years on visa in USA and 17 months on visa in Canada) are finally over.. Thanks to everyone in this group for helping and sharing their experience. :)

I will be on hiatus from here now, but sharing my timeline & tips for those who are still waiting.

ITA: Aug 5, 2021 (CEC class, solo, no dependents)
Filed through lawyer. We don't need one for straightforward cases such as mine, but I still opted for one as I had an extremely stressful work and home situation going on, which would have made it difficult for me not to make mistakes in filing my application.
AOR: Sept 28, 2021
Medicals & Bio passed (bio was reused from previous work visa application): Nov 3, 2021
From the conversations with my lawyer and account page screenshots he shared from time to time, I never got any GUs whatsoever. Jumped straight from MEP to portal email.
Portal email: Dec 10, 2021
Responded to portal email: Dec 10, 2021 - I think this is a very crucial stage. Try to reply to them asap with concise and exact info they ask for. The officer has your case fresh in their mind, so getting a quick reply from us might encourage them in closing our file (i.e., sending eCoPR email) right away.
Photo, address uploaded on portal: Dec 11, 2021 4.30 pm
ECOPR: Dec 11, 2021, 6.30 pm
Note that because my application page was controlled by my lawyer, I couldn't link my PR portal to the application page. It's not needed anyway. Just adds an extra task of checking for GUs 100 times a day. In hindsight, I'm glad I didn't have that access or else I would have driven myself crazy.
From Dec 21st, I started emailing the Prairies ID every alternate week. Details given - UCI, Name, Application ID, and asked for status. Nothing special written in those emails. Just your standard begging emails.
Kept getting the same standard useless response. Later I found out from this group that there was a printing issue back in Nov/Dec which was causing delays. My bad luck. Waited for holiday season to pass. Caught up on lost sleep.

Mid-Jan 2022: Called IRCC at 8 am sharp and managed to get to an agent after 45 mins of waiting. (Detailed experience is posted earlier on this thread). This helped greatly, because apparently my application ID was linked to 5 different physical addresses and 2 different email IDs. I think that agent fixed it in the system.
Increased email-spamming frequency to once a week as I was getting anxious now. Target plan of urgent overseas travel. I decided FTW, even if this card doesn't come, I'll take the risk and travel as planned.
Jan end: Spammed them 2 days in a row, twice on each day. Was tired by now. Wait time of eCoPR to PR was becoming nearly the same as AOR to eCoPR (which is stupid IMO).
Feb 2, 2022: Got a response that my photo was approved and sent for printing.
Feb 7, 2022: Replied to above email asking card shipment status and specifically stated that I don't have a way to access my account so please tell me over email.
Feb 9, 2022: Got response that my card was mailed on 8th Feb.
Today (Feb 14, 2022): Got back home from out of town and discovered the card in mail. It was standard Canada post but it says IRCC and shows the Sydney, NS address, so you know it's from them. P.S., PR portal still shows in review, no clue of what my account says :D

Hope this helps. All the best!! :)
Congratulations. I am happy for you

Reactions: sonusweetie

sonusweetie

Star Member
Apr 1, 2021
Thanks will check my VO was the worst Etobicole took over a year to process a inland CEC application and now this . Such a bad exp
Sorry to hear that ... Please tell this to them when you call. Grovel a bit. They need to listen to your pain, maybe that will help speed up things for you. All the best.

User73545

Feb 13, 2022
Most likely the ghost update means your card got sent for production and you should get it approved on gc key in 1-2 weeks. Congrats
You were right. I called them today. They said my card went for production. God knows how much time it will take. But agent told me at this moment there is no production error or any other error on my file and everything looks ok

rajpotula

Star Member
Aug 27, 2016
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
20-08-2020
Hey All, finally got my PR Card today!

But...

I didn't get my daughter's card :( She is here with me, got her eCoPR on 21st January along with me.

The mistake I think I did was we gave a different address for her (Same street and building as me but different unit). PR portal still says in review for her whereas mine is accepted. @EscoBlades I should have gone with your advice and given same unit number :(

Any suggestions on how to proceed, to track and get her card soon, would be greatly appreciated :) She has to travel in Mid-April.

Last edited:
Reactions: EscoBlades

candreamer2021

Aug 10, 2021
Address got accepted by IRCC today in PR portal.
I got reply from priaries email as below:
"
Your photo has been reviewed and submitted for PR card production. Your Portal will remain as In Review, unless there are errors that require a new photo.
You should be receiving your PR card via-mail in ~4-6 weeks.
"
Still photo is in review in PR portal, GCKey still showing submitted. Waiting since Sept. Hope they will dispatch it soon.

Reactions: JamCan56

Niki2016

Oct 17, 2021
"
Your photo has been reviewed and submitted for PR card production. Your Portal will remain as In Review, unless there are errors that require a new photo.
"
Still photo is in review in PR portal, GCKey still showing submitted. Waiting since Sept. Hope they will dispatch it soon.
I got same email, my address is still in review, waiting since December

Good day,

Reactions: candreamer2021

JamCan56

Star Member
Sep 6, 2021
You were right. I called them today. They said my card went for production. God knows how much time it will take. But agent told me at this moment there is no production error or any other error on my file and everything looks ok
I'm glad to hear!! Once it's created and printed, it should come fairly quickly by Canada Post

JamCan56

Star Member
Sep 6, 2021
MY CARD IS FINALLY IN MY HANDS!!!!!!! Actually it must have arrived on Friday the 11th itself, as I was out of town and just got home to check my mail. My trials and tribulations of the past 11 years (10 years on visa in USA and 17 months on visa in Canada) are finally over.. Thanks to everyone in this group for helping and sharing their experience. :)

I will be on hiatus from here now, but sharing my timeline & tips for those who are still waiting.

ITA: Aug 5, 2021 (CEC class, solo, no dependents)
Filed through lawyer. We don't need one for straightforward cases such as mine, but I still opted for one as I had an extremely stressful work and home situation going on, which would have made it difficult for me not to make mistakes in filing my application.
AOR: Sept 28, 2021
Medicals & Bio passed (bio was reused from previous work visa application): Nov 3, 2021
From the conversations with my lawyer and account page screenshots he shared from time to time, I never got any GUs whatsoever. Jumped straight from MEP to portal email.
Portal email: Dec 10, 2021
Responded to portal email: Dec 10, 2021 - I think this is a very crucial stage. Try to reply to them asap with concise and exact info they ask for. The officer has your case fresh in their mind, so getting a quick reply from us might encourage them in closing our file (i.e., sending eCoPR email) right away.
Photo, address uploaded on portal: Dec 11, 2021 4.30 pm
ECOPR: Dec 11, 2021, 6.30 pm
Note that because my application page was controlled by my lawyer, I couldn't link my PR portal to the application page. It's not needed anyway. Just adds an extra task of checking for GUs 100 times a day. In hindsight, I'm glad I didn't have that access or else I would have driven myself crazy.
From Dec 21st, I started emailing the Prairies ID every alternate week. Details given - UCI, Name, Application ID, and asked for status. Nothing special written in those emails. Just your standard begging emails.
Kept getting the same standard useless response. Later I found out from this group that there was a printing issue back in Nov/Dec which was causing delays. My bad luck. Waited for holiday season to pass. Caught up on lost sleep.

Mid-Jan 2022: Called IRCC at 8 am sharp and managed to get to an agent after 45 mins of waiting. (Detailed experience is posted earlier on this thread). This helped greatly, because apparently my application ID was linked to 5 different physical addresses and 2 different email IDs. I think that agent fixed it in the system.
Increased email-spamming frequency to once a week as I was getting anxious now. Target plan of urgent overseas travel. I decided FTW, even if this card doesn't come, I'll take the risk and travel as planned.
Jan end: Spammed them 2 days in a row, twice on each day. Was tired by now. Wait time of eCoPR to PR was becoming nearly the same as AOR to eCoPR (which is stupid IMO).
Feb 2, 2022: Got a response that my photo was approved and sent for printing.
Feb 7, 2022: Replied to above email asking card shipment status and specifically stated that I don't have a way to access my account so please tell me over email.
Feb 9, 2022: Got response that my card was mailed on 8th Feb.
Today (Feb 14, 2022): Got back home from out of town and discovered the card in mail. It was standard Canada post but it says IRCC and shows the Sydney, NS address, so you know it's from them. P.S., PR portal still shows in review, no clue of what my account says :D

Hope this helps. All the best!! :)
CONGRATS!!!! finally!! Best of luck from here on. Who knows, maybe we'll all be back again for another round vs IRCC for citizenship lol

lamisah95

Sep 15, 2021
My e-copr was Jan 18th and my photo and address is still in review and no GU's either. How do i find out which office i should be calling and emailing ?

varmatech324

Jul 8, 2021
Finally got an update on my GCKey account. PR Card approved, got this message "We mailed your permanent resident card to you. Your card can take up to six weeks to arrive."

Does anyone know usually how much time will it take to Deliver(Ontario) ?
I do see updates on portal for me and my son. Spouse application is still on older state. Is it common that all applicants won't be approved at same time ?

User73545

Feb 13, 2022
"
"
Did you receive any new update ?

Reactions: Lxman