+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Timeline (Through Online Portal after ECOPR)

Anna Brar

Oct 14, 2021
Interesting...Received Second GU and there is a message in my account that PR card has been mailed Today (12/20) and will reach in 4 to 6 weeks. Thanks for the suggestions who provided on to send an email to Prairies, it definitely worked out.
Hello There,

Congratulations first of all!! Secondly, can you provide with the prairies email and also what did you mention in the email?

Greatly appreciated.!

dvbalu

Apr 8, 2021
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
29-03-2021
AOR Received.
30-03-2021
Hello There,

Congratulations first of all!! Secondly, can you provide with the prairies email and also what did you mention in the email?

Greatly appreciated.!
You can send an email to IRCC.ClientPortalPrairies-PrairiesClientPortail.IRCC@cic.gc.ca with UCI / Application number and mention that since when you are waiting after PR application was approved and the urgency reason to receive the first pr card. For me, I sent an email on 12/10 and see that the card has been mailed on 12/20.

Reactions: Anna Brar

Sanjays2021

Star Member
Oct 26, 2021
You can send an email to IRCC.ClientPortalPrairies-PrairiesClientPortail.IRCC@cic.gc.ca with UCI / Application number and mention that since when you are waiting after PR application was approved and the urgency reason to receive the first pr card. For me, I sent an email on 12/10 and see that the card has been mailed on 12/20.
Hey Thanks for sharing this info. I had received my eCOPR on 28th Oct'21 and waiting for my PR card.
Is that okay if I send an email to that ID.. ? also what do we need to mention in that email apart from Name, UCI & application number to get my PR card on priority list. Highly appreciated your input here. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Eli51

Jan 28, 2015
Online portal email request October 18,2021. Replied to email October 19, 2021 login credentials received October 20, 2021 eCOPR received October 22,2021 PR card received in mail December 3, 2021

psk4053

Nov 28, 2021
Hi All -

I have been following this thread for quite some time and please find what happened with my CEC Application.
  • Inland Primary Applicant + 2 Inland Dependents:
  • ITA Received - April 16, 2021 (Friday CEC Draw)
  • AOR - June 21, 2021
  • MEP - Jul 21, 2021
  • GU1 - Only Ghost Update I noticed - End of Aug 2021 (I don't remember the date)
  • PR Confirmation Portal Email - Sep 3, 2021
    • Replied to the email on same date
  • Credential Email - Sep 5, 2021
  • eCOPR Email - Sep 20, 2021
    • Primary Applicant Photo Approved on same day
    • Dependents Photo Rejected on same day
    • eCOPR received from OSC, Ottawa
  • PR Card Approved and mailed for Primary Applicant on Sep 24, 2021
  • Primary Applicant received PR Card on Sep 27, 2021
  • Portal Account Approved and Closed on Oct 18, 2021
    • Account reopened again on Oct 20, 2021
  • Called IRCC many a times but to no avail
    • Either went to automated response
    • Or got canned response from IRCC personnel (which many have posted earlier)
  • Followed 3 threads on this subject beginning November and based on one thread; linked the PR Card Application to CIC Account - Nov 9, 2021 (Where page number has already crossed 1280+)
    • No update until Nov 25, 2021
  • First mail sent over eCOPR to email address eCOPR was received from - Nov 25, 2021 - No update just automated reply
  • Sent another email on Dec 1, 2021 - No update just automated reply
  • On December 3; sent 2 emails to Prairies address one from each dependent and 2 to Ontario Portail Address.
  • Got replies for both the threads by SS8151, Calgary IRCC (Prairies Email Address) on Dec 6, 2021
  • Dec 6, 2021 got GU1
  • Dec 10, CIC Account was updated that cards have been mailed and will reach within 2-6 weeks
  • Dec 13, Prairies Email Address replied again saying card was mailed on Dec 9, 2021
  • Dec 14, 2021 - both the dependents received card in the Mail
I would like to extend my sincere thanks to all the users in three threads who guided us the right way. We finally received our First PR cards and have planned to travel to home country (India) by Feb 2022.

Regards
Sushil Kumar P

Reactions: zhroc and anneande

BIJITIN.P.C

Star Member
Jul 8, 2015
Interesting...Received Second GU and there is a message in my account that PR card has been mailed Today (12/20) and will reach in 4 to 6 weeks. Thanks for the suggestions who provided on to send an email to Prairies, it definitely worked out.
I got the same reply , I used the same email. Received second GU and my PR card application link changed from submitted to approved. Today they sent my card via mail. Hope for the best

Sanjays2021

Star Member
Oct 26, 2021
Hi there! with the help of your inputs, i had sent an email to above mentioned email ID. however i received auto generated email immediately and says as below.

***** This email address is dedicated solely to clients invited by IRCC to use the Permanent Residence (PR) Portal in order to be confirmed as permanent residents. You must be invited by IRCC in order to have an account created in the PR Portal. *****

Is this expected email? Please advise.

dvbalu

Apr 8, 2021
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
29-03-2021
AOR Received.
30-03-2021
Hi there! with the help of your inputs, i had sent an email to above mentioned email ID. however i received auto generated email immediately and says as below.

***** This email address is dedicated solely to clients invited by IRCC to use the Permanent Residence (PR) Portal in order to be confirmed as permanent residents. You must be invited by IRCC in order to have an account created in the PR Portal. *****

Is this expected email? Please advise.
It is expected. You might receive a reply in 3-4 days and keep watching for your gc account for GU.

anisha1992

Oct 20, 2020
Hi

On the linking issues... I can share my exp and hope fully that will help you.

I tried to link my dependents to CIC account, but failed to do so. I called the IRCC and requested to give Application Number (different to the Express Entry Number). This number starts with R .

I also asked to confirm the Birth Place value there in the system. In my case.. I was entering birth place to link it. But in the system confirmed by IRCC agent that They have 'Birth Place, State/Country name ' together as birth place.

Due to this mismatch of the information, I was unable to Link it . Once I got the correct information from IRCC agent about Application Number and Birth place, I was able to link it.

You can try that option and i' sure there is a mismatch of the data.

Coming back to Delay on the PR cards, For Many cases... sending emails will work. Make sure you add crisp and short msg in the body and also subject line is short and meaningful.

Try sending an email early hours( 9 AM to 9:30 AM or 3:30 PM to 4:00PM). The reason is that, all emails will go to one Inbox. So in order to get quick attention, the mail should be on top of the inbox to get some one's attention. This is Just a tip and worked for many.

Good Luck.
How long after applying for PR card should I wait before sending them an email? Thanks

sarshar

Star Member
Jun 22, 2021
Halifax
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-04-2021
Med's Done....
06-05-2021
I sent an email to Calgary office, my office is Ottawa though. They replied yesterday and it seems they want to create a portal profile for me so I can upload my photo again! not sure why I should go through the confirmation of my Canadian residential address and photo over again but I hope the second round of PR card application won't take another 6 months.

update: as I guessed, they requested me to login to the PR Portal and submit a photo and confirm the address in Canada.
After I submitted the documents, the application number for PR Card is unchanged. it's linked to the existing application I have in my CIC account.
Not sure if they also regenerate an eCoPR again, but I hope what we're doing results in a PR Card production.

Last edited: