+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card timeline - 2023

Jun 3, 2020
India
Category........
PNP
VO Etobicoke seems to be moving along a fairly predictable rate now.

Member data is telling me that the gap between ECOPR and GU1 is about 1 Month 16 days (+/- 1 or 2) and GU1 and Receiving the Card is 9 days (+/- 1 day).

So by that logic here are some examples:

ECOPR - Jan 12th | GU1 Estd - Feb 29th/Mar 4th | Card Arrival - Mar 8th/Mar 11th

ECOPR - Jan 17th | GU1 Estd - Mar 6th/7th | Card Arrival - Mar 15th/Mar 18th.

For VO Montreal, the ECOPR-GU1 gap is roughly 1 month 3 days and again 9 days from GU1 to Card Arrival.

For VO Calgary, I cant find data on who is the last actual recipient of a GU1, even from December end onwards. My reckoning is ECOPR-GU1 gap is over 2 months now.

All of the data is just trend spotting, not actuals of course.

Gurinder0480

Feb 2, 2024
Just consider yourself lucky. I have called many times IRCC and sent webforms requesting the expedite of my card with a truly urgent reason and they had told me there is no urgent processing for the first card. The processing time has passed for me and I'm still waiting.

eCOPR Jan 17
VO Etobicoke
No updates
Did you get your PR card yet?

susmitha49

Mar 2, 2024
Hi
Ecopr - Jan 22
I had to fly to India due to an emergency and I don’t have my PR card yet. HOWEVER, I have a US visitor visa B1/b2 and I travelled multiple times from Canada to US last year. I am wondering if i can fly to US from India using this visa and then head to Canada via road using copr in personak vehicle(as IRCC allows us to use copr if anyone travels using a personal vehicle). Can anyone please help?..

Jun 3, 2020
India
Category........
PNP
Hi
Ecopr - Jan 22
I had to fly to India due to an emergency and I don’t have my PR card yet. HOWEVER, I have a US visitor visa B1/b2 and I travelled multiple times from Canada to US last year. I am wondering if i can fly to US from India using this visa and then head to Canada via road using copr in personak vehicle(as IRCC allows us to use copr if anyone travels using a personal vehicle). Can anyone please help?..
I suggest you study this thread where the subject is debated in greater detail : https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/can-i-enter-canada-by-land-without-pr-card-or-prtd.748851/

Tonylokca

Dec 22, 2023
VO Etobicoke seems to be moving along a fairly predictable rate now.

Member data is telling me that the gap between ECOPR and GU1 is about 1 Month 16 days (+/- 1 or 2) and GU1 and Receiving the Card is 9 days (+/- 1 day).

So by that logic here are some examples:

ECOPR - Jan 12th | GU1 Estd - Feb 29th/Mar 4th | Card Arrival - Mar 8th/Mar 11th

ECOPR - Jan 17th | GU1 Estd - Mar 6th/7th | Card Arrival - Mar 15th/Mar 18th.

For VO Montreal, the ECOPR-GU1 gap is roughly 1 month 3 days and again 9 days from GU1 to Card Arrival.

For VO Calgary, I cant find data on who is the last actual recipient of a GU1, even from December end onwards. My reckoning is ECOPR-GU1 gap is over 2 months now.

All of the data is just trend spotting, not actuals of course.
So sad for Calgary

maratl

Star Member
Feb 21, 2020
You can. After GCkey updated the status as "Mailed", you may find one incoming mail called" CANADIAN BANK NOTE COMPANY" in My Mail a few days later which is your PR card.
4 days since they mailed my card, nothing related appeared in the app...will report again next week

Harrygill001

Dec 19, 2023
eCOPR = Jan 03, 2024 (uploaded mailing address and photo on the same date).
eCOPR issued at Calgary IRCC
Photo Status = "In review with IRCC"

It's been two months since I'm waiting for my PR Card. On IRCC website, processing time for first PR Card is 35 days.

Is there anything I can do?

Reactions: Mat13

deep244

Star Member
Sep 6, 2023
eCOPR = Jan 03, 2024 (uploaded mailing address and photo on the same date).
eCOPR issued at Calgary IRCC
Photo Status = "In review with IRCC"

It's been two months since I'm waiting for my PR Card. On IRCC website, processing time for first PR Card is 35 days.

Is there anything I can do?
Permanent Residence Portal - The Permanent Resident Card process has been initiated for an application linked to your account | Portail de résidence permanente - Le processus pour une demande de carte de résident permanent a été initié dans votre compte
U got this type email or when u open u r portal account there pr card application status show initiated ?
I m also waiting for my first pr card my ecopr 21st feb from calgary ircc ?

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Permanent Residence Portal - The Permanent Resident Card process has been initiated for an application linked to your account | Portail de résidence permanente - Le processus pour une demande de carte de résident permanent a été initié dans votre compte
U got this type email or when u open u r portal account there pr card application status show initiated ?
I m also waiting for my first pr card my ecopr 21st feb from calgary ircc ?
Link pr card to gckey and track it
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account/link-paper-online.html

soupotdar

Dec 8, 2023
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
29-11-2023
ECOPR 11th Jan | VO Etobicoke | GU1: 29th Feb Got GU2 today for dependent spouse and child, but not for my application.