+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card timeline - 2023

soupotdar

Dec 8, 2023
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
29-11-2023
When you receive an invitation to apply for PR under CEC, do they ask for verification of employment with the police report? A friend told me that I will need to get a letter from my previous employers in my home country. Is this true
I'm not an immigration lawyer but I can tell from my own experience. I think your friend meant a reference letter from your previous employer. This letter is required if you are claiming points for that employment. It must be from the HR or whoever is the signing authority on the official letter head. It must give details of your employment and all your roles and responsibilities, period of employment, num of hours, and salary. Police report is for criminality check from all the countries where you have resided for more than 6 months in the last 10 years. The two are two different things. I encourage you to visit diff forums, IRCC website, and YouTube channels for more info on this. Hope this helps.

Reactions: Caribbean Girl

Caribbean Girl

May 17, 2019
I'm not an immigration lawyer but I can tell from my own experience. I think your friend meant a reference letter from your previous employer. This letter is required if you are claiming points for that employment. It must be from the HR or whoever is the signing authority on the official letter head. It must give details of your employment and all your roles and responsibilities, period of employment, num of hours, and salary. Police report is for criminality check from all the countries where you have resided for more than 6 months in the last 10 years. The two are two different things. I encourage you to visit diff forums, IRCC website, and YouTube channels for more info on this. Hope this helps.

Thanks a million for answering guess I will have to start getting some of those things together

Reactions: soupotdar

Tong tong

Star Member
Nov 7, 2023
That line is for PR application, not PR Card application (my view). I think many of us have already given you ample suggestions on how to link PR card application to a new Gckey account and track progress. Please note, PR portal wont give you any update on PR card. However it is upto you to act :).

Also, you seem to have your own theory on timelines of PR card which again contradicts to what IRCC says. So I dont have anything else to suggest/comment. Best luck.
You know we went to our MP yesterday and they and they will call for us today and let us know what happen next week. i think the fastest way to find out what happens is through the MP. they cannot rush anything but at least you know what's going on. i read the review on the MP website and alot gave them and the case worker 5 stars. some have same situation as my husband. didnt recieve the PR card yet. after seeing the MP the PR card arrived in the mail within 2 weeks. they been helping my husband alot throught his visitation visa last year and when hes copr will sent to him. now we are going back for PR card arrival.

So we dont bother to link the application and the Gckey together. its too complicated. i called my lawyer and he say best dont link it. just call IRCC or the MP. which we did yesterday. because he said the whole files with all his clients altogether. so it's better not to link it.

Tong tong

Star Member
Nov 7, 2023
You know we went to our MP yesterday and and they will call for us today and let us know what happen next week. i think the fastest way to find out what happens is through the MP. they cannot rush anything but at least you know what's going on. i read the review on the MP website and alot gave them and the case worker 5 stars. some have same situation as my husband. didnt recieve the PR card yet. after seeing the MP the PR card arrived in the mail within 2 weeks. they been helping my husband alot throught his visitation visa last year and when hes copr will sent to him. now we are going back for PR card arrival.

So we dont bother to link the application and the Gckey together. its too complicated. i called my lawyer and he say best dont link it. just call IRCC or the MP. which we did yesterday. because he said the whole files with all his clients altogether.

Tong tong

Star Member
Nov 7, 2023
Good Luck with that then.
You know we went to our MP yesterday and and they will call for us today and let us know what happen next week. i think the fastest way to find out what happens is through the MP. they cannot rush anything but at least you know what's going on. i read the review on the MP website and alot gave them and the case worker 5 stars. some have same situation as my husband. didnt recieve the PR card yet. after seeing the MP the PR card arrived in the mail within 2 weeks. they been helping my husband alot throught his visitation visa last year and when hes copr will sent to him. now we are going back for PR card arrival.

So we dont bother to link the application and the Gckey together. its too complicated. i called my lawyer and he say best dont link it. just call IRCC or the MP. which we did yesterday. because he said the whole files with all his clients altogether.

Tong tong

Star Member
Nov 7, 2023
You can still link your application even if you're using a representative/lawyer. The only thing is your lawyer/representative will lose access when you link the application to your gckey account.

Since you said the lawyer's job is done, it seems like there wont be an issue if they lose access anyways.... and if you don't have a gckey, you can just create a brand new one.

It's not that complicated...

brb2288

Star Member
Aug 27, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
05-12-2022
LANDED..........
12-01-2024
We have the same eCOPR date
What’s was GU1 message is?
Cant open my gckey its says down … due to technical bla bla
Inside application page it shows a final decision date of 1st March.