PR Card timeline - 2023

Tong tong

Star Member
Nov 7, 2023
same situation.
Ecopr 29th Dec and still waiting for PR Card

Is your VO Etobicoke?

I received GU1 on 7th Feb but no GU2 yet
After 7 weeks and still didnt recieved the pr card. we need to do a Solemn Declaration forms fill it up and sent it to novia scotia. we did it lastnight. it said in your last email that they print out the copr. scroll down and it tell you the instruction in the email if you still havent recieve it after 7 weeks.

Last edited:

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
After 7 weeks and still didnt recieved the pr card. we need to do a Solemn Declartion forms fill it up and sent it to novia scotia. we did it lastnight. it said in your last email that they print out the copr. scroll down and it tell you the instruction in the email if you still havent recieve it after 7 weeks.
You mean the PR card was mailed 7 weeks ago and you still havent received it ?

Please note, the clock starts after your card is mailed to you

Tong tong

Star Member
Nov 7, 2023
If you link your PR card application to GCkey, you can track the PR card and there you get notifications if the card has been mailed
my husband dont have the GCkey, we hired an immigration lawyer and he did everything for him. now we have copr and just waiting for the pr to arrived. and our lawyer already finished his job. So i dont know what is GCkey.

Taha14

Feb 21, 2024
Hi, My VO is Calgary and i received confirmation that my card has been mailed on 13th February 2024 but it says it will take 6 weeks to be in my mail box. Will it really take 6 weeks?

i received my ecopr on 21st Dec
Did you receive your card yet?

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
No i mean it take 7 weeks to process the pr card and mailing to you after you've recieved your copr
That is not how it works :) . Couple of us here have already suggested you to track status of your PR card through GCKey. Here is repeat -

1. Seems you dont have a GCKey, create one - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html
2. Once GCKey account is created, link PR card application to this GCKey account - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account/link-paper-online.html
3. You will see an update when your card is mailed out
4. You will have to wait for upto 6 weeks to receive the PR card once it is mailed out, this is standard time which IRCC suggests. If you dont receive PR card 6 weeks after it was mailed out is when you need to send a Solemn Declaration

Sole1806

Jan 18, 2024

Tong tong

Star Member
Nov 7, 2023
How the portal works. Once they have reviewed and accepted the photo you submit, it will show this in the portal and you should get your PR card within one week. We'll send it to the mailing address in Canada you gave us. You can check to see if we've accepted your photo through the portal.Dec 1, 2020

Tong tong

Star Member
Nov 7, 2023
That is not how it works :) . Couple of us here have already suggested you to track status of your PR card through GCKey. Here is repeat -

1. Seems you dont have a GCKey, create one - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html
2. Once GCKey account is created, link PR card application to this GCKey account - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account/link-paper-online.html
3. You will see an update when your card is mailed out
4. You will have to wait for upto 6 weeks to receive the PR card once it is mailed out, this is standard time which IRCC suggests. If you dont receive PR card 6 weeks after it was mailed out is when you need to send a Solemn Declaration
ok we tried to do that. my husband kept looking at his portal it still say "photo in review" was its suppose to say like that??. and i check google and here is what they say.. i mean does it really take 7 weeks to recieve it once it's mail out. the email being not very clear in explaining.

How the portal works. Once they have reviewed and accepted the photo you submit, it will show this in the portal and you should get your PR card within one week. We'll send it to the mailing address in Canada you gave us. You can check to see if we've accepted your photo through the portal.

deep244

Star Member
Sep 6, 2023
What is the minimum time taking for pr card ?
I got ecopr 21st feb how many time i can waiting for pr card i have a travel plan next month out of canada ?