+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card timeline - 2023

Bayantemur

Aug 17, 2023
I am waiting from December 22 2023
VO Calgary
We are in the same boat.
IRCC representative finally picked up my phone call last week.
I said I've been waiting for almost 60 days. He said the VO received my webform and also he checked my address and photo were good.
"no need to worry, you can just wait" that's what he said.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018

tomtom104

Star Member
Apr 24, 2022
Yours was expedited (not as urgent application) because it passed the processing time, it doesn't qualify as urgent processing.

urgent processing can only be requested for PR card renewal - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-card/apply-renew-replace/urgent.html
I know, didn't mention about urgent application as IRCC already considers the first card "urgent" for everyone. I just sent multiple reminders to them (also attached flight ticket) to expedite mine and it worked.

smaragon

Dec 20, 2017
It worked for me, first card too. I called, sent webforms reminding them about passing the processing time. They printed the card shortly after.
Just consider yourself lucky. I have called many times IRCC and sent webforms requesting the expedite of my card with a truly urgent reason and they had told me there is no urgent processing for the first card. The processing time has passed for me and I'm still waiting.

eCOPR Jan 17
VO Etobicoke
No updates

Reactions: CleitonRasta24

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
I know, didn't mention about urgent application as IRCC already considers the first card "urgent" for everyone. I just sent multiple reminders to them (also attached flight ticket) to expedite mine and it worked.
IRCC already considers the first card "urgent" - where did you derive this from :). If that is the case, no one would have to worry about it. On contrary, there are ample cases where timeline for first PR card is crossed and people call IRCC to remind of it. This expedited step is different that what IRCC calls as urgent processing of PR cards.

IRCC has special provision to specifically ask for urgent processing for renewal when you apply, as per earlier shared link.

tomtom104

Star Member
Apr 24, 2022
IRCC already considers the first card "urgent" - where did you derive this from :). If that is the case, no one would have to worry about it. On contrary, there are ample cases where timeline for first PR card is crossed and people call IRCC to remind of it. This expedited step is different that what IRCC calls as urgent processing of PR cards.

IRCC has special provision to specifically ask for urgent processing for renewal when you apply, as per earlier shared link.
Dear Champion sir, when I called them or sent webforms, the agents gave me this info:

"Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

Urgent - Permanent resident card (PR card) - New permanent residents

When you become a permanent resident (PR), you receive your PR card by mail after you give your Canadian address to IRCC.

Because of the importance of obtaining your first PR card, the process is already considered urgent. There is therefore no urgent procedure for new PRs. However, there are other documents you may use if you must leave the country before receiving your PR card."

Urgent process doesn't mean they couldn't screw it up, you know that, right? The best we can get from trying is that they may send a message to the printing facility to print the card. I am suggesting people to try this way, but feel free to not try though.

Reactions: CNP

Tan@12

Feb 21, 2024
Just consider yourself lucky. I have called many times IRCC and sent webforms requesting the expedite of my card with a truly urgent reason and they had told me there is no urgent processing for the first card. The processing time has passed for me and I'm still waiting.

eCOPR Jan 17
VO Etobicoke
No updates
I also got eCOPR on 17 Jan, No PR card yet