+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card timeline - 2023

Dhruv47

Jul 24, 2018
Hello Everyone,

I received my eCopr on 29th Dec 2023 and still waiting for my PR Card. Vo-Etobicoke.

I got an update on GC Key on 7th Feb, that "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made."

I have called IRCC twice and they are telling me that card is in the printing process and they don't know how long it is going to take.

Has anyone received PR Card who got Ecopr on the same date as mine?

ndoan95

Star Member
Aug 3, 2022
Hello Everyone,

I received my eCopr on 29th Dec 2023 and still waiting for my PR Card. Vo-Etobicoke.

I got an update on GC Key on 7th Feb, that "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made."

I have called IRCC twice and they are telling me that card is in the printing process and they don't know how long it is going to take.

It seems that Etobicoke is quite slow on PR card prcessing but I think you received GU1, which is good and maybe the wait will only for a few more days.

Tonylokca

Dec 22, 2023
Hello Everyone,

how you can call IRCC I called but end up with line cut TT

Dhruv47

Jul 24, 2018
how you can call IRCC I called but end up with line cut TT
You can call on this number +1 (888) 242-2100. If you have your UCI then press 1 and then enter your uci number followed by the pound key. Once that is done press 1,3,3,2,0 and you will join the queue and shortly an agent will talk to you.

tomtom104

Star Member
Apr 24, 2022
P2 Dec 15
Ecopr Jan 10
Card GU1 Feb 1
Card mailed Feb 3
VO Montreal
Note: I called IRCC on Jan 30 to let them know it passed the average processing time, the agent said he sent a message to the VO
Update: My card was in my mailbox on Feb 12 while I was outside of Canada. Just FYI, I was able to board using my old Visitor Visa (still not expired on the stamp, the airlines didn't care much about the real status). CBSA was easily passed since they have my real status in their system.

Reactions: ktakhan

lanph128

Jan 26, 2024
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
Saw on another thread.. looks like eCOPR Jan 2 from VO Etobicoke just received their Final decision GU on 16Feb. Very much means they have started working on Jan files from Etobicoke!!

ndoan95

Star Member
Aug 3, 2022
Update: My card was in my mailbox on Feb 12 while I was outside of Canada. Just FYI, I was able to board using my old Visitor Visa (still not expired on the stamp, the airlines didn't care much about the real status). CBSA was easily passed since they have my real status in their system.
So the PRTD application is basically to make sure that you can board your flight assuming that you have no other Canada visa still active. If you are a PR and "walk" through the land border or arrive to Canada with a private jet :)), this is OK right since as you mentioned CBSA has your real status.

Reactions: tomtom104

latina29

Nov 6, 2023
Received e-COPR on Feb. 6th from Calgary VO. I was able to link my application in my gckey account, it says “submitted”. I am getting ready to wait for months, it doesn’t seem like anyone whose ecopr’s were issued by Calgary have received their PR card recently.

sami101

Jun 9, 2022
Hey guys! Received GU2 directly! No GU1! Status: "We mailed your permanent resident card to you. Your card can take up to six weeks to arrive."
eCOPR- 10th Jan
VO- Montreal
I got the same update on Jan 14. I believe we have the same VO (Montreal). Let me know if you receive the card.

Reactions: HariMadhav

soupotdar

Dec 8, 2023
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
29-11-2023
Saw on another thread.. looks like eCOPR Jan 2 from VO Etobicoke just received their Final decision GU on 16Feb. Very much means they have started working on Jan files from Etobicoke!!
That's a great news! So, they received GU2, right? It means their PR cards have been sent now? Could you plz post the link for the other thread? I thought this was the only thread. Lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: lanph128

tomtom104

Star Member
Apr 24, 2022
So the PRTD application is basically to make sure that you can board your flight assuming that you have no other Canada visa still active. If you are a PR and "walk" through the land border or arrive to Canada with a private jet :)), this is OK right since as you mentioned CBSA has your real status.
Exactly, PRTD is to help boarding when you didn't have either visitor visa or a PR card. As long as one can manage to step on Canada's land and have a PR status, it's all good.

Reactions: ndoan95