+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card timeline - 2023

tobyboy

Star Member
Sep 25, 2009
To those who are in Alberta, how long did it take for you to receive the card from getting a notif that it was mailed?

DONTONING

Aug 13, 2019
Alberta
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
14/March/ 2023
Doc's Request.
No
Nomination.....
17-Jan-2023
AOR Received.
12-April- 2023
IELTS Request
No
Med's Request
no
Med's Done....
20- Sept-2023
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
no
VISA ISSUED...
no
LANDED..........
no
Got GU2. GCKey says it's mailed.
Mine is the same as you, but pr portal is still saying in review for both photo and address!, yet gckey says card is been mailed.

Reactions: amiic

rahulbhatija11934

Jul 17, 2021
my ecopr was on 22nd december 2023. nothing after that.

i want to go to the US. Is there a way I can come back to Canada in a car with my ecopr? Is this still applicable?

gazzerman

Aug 19, 2019
Wrong. If you are going by car or walking, your CoPR is enough. If youre entering by any commercial forms of transport, i.e flights, bus, trains, boats, etc. then you need a PRTD

Agreed, I spoke to IRCC, you can 100% come back over the border with your eCOPR via your own private vehicle.

Additionally, you can actually also come back via any method of transport, however the restriction is actually just on the airline, bus etc... if they will let you board. The border agents have no issue at the airport or the border. But the private businesses such as airlines don't like to take the risk as they incur costs by the government and have to pay to return you.

I am in Mexico right now and will be back in early Feb, I decided that waiting for my card was simply not worth missing my best friends wedding. (eCOPR Jan 18th Calgary, address approved, pic still waiting)

Another option that was presented to me was, you can give someone your mailbox/house key, and they can check to see if it arrives while your away and then express sign deliver it to you wherever you are in the world.

Reactions: lanph128

kumardinesh12

Jul 22, 2019
Wrong. If you are going by car or walking, your CoPR is enough. If youre entering by any commercial forms of transport, i.e flights, bus, trains, boats, etc. then you need a PRTD
If you refer the official documentation they'll say PRTD. However it's entirely upto CBSA. They can accept it or not, Do you've any link for the site where it says by private vehicle eCOPR is enough? That'll help me and many others. Thanks!

https://ircc.canada.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=064&top=10

Reactions: Bayantemur

gazzerman

Aug 19, 2019