+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card timeline - 2023

MarCar

Dec 5, 2020
Found this app from Canada post which seemingly tracks mails directed to your address (my mail feature) - https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/cpc/en/support/kb/other-products-services/using-tools/mobile-app

Has anybody tried this and was successful in tracking PR card delivery ? if yes this could prove to be helpful :)
I've been using this app for a couple of months and I want to say it's not like tracking packages. It's regular mail so it's not really "tracking". It's more useful to see how many mails coming to you but it cannot accurately tell you when they will be delivered. Also, the app only highlights ad mail from companies and most other "useful" mail will fall into general mail category without showing a sender. I don't think it's what you think it is.

Reactions: CNP

brandaogu

Dec 12, 2017
Calgary
My in-laws arrived in Calgary on September 1 2023 as PR. We are still waiting for their cards. I linked their application to a gckey and the status for both applications say “Submitted”.
Should I start bugging CIC?

• Wow
Reactions: Rocky261096

savage819

Aug 26, 2019
Me, since Jan 10. No GU1 yet. But at this point, I'm not sure if my VO is really Montreal since people seem to be talking with different sources...
Are you guys saying your VOs from eCOPR email? Or is there any other way to find it out? Your VO from eCOPR is the same for the PR card, am I right?
Your eCOPR should state where you became a PR. That'd be your VO. Also, if you received the "Congratulations! You are now a permanent resident of Canada!" email from IRCC.ClientPortalEast-EstClientPortail.IRCC@cic.gc.ca, that'd also indicate that your VO is Montreal.

PR cards are sent out from Sydney CIO, Nova Scotia. However, the information for the PR cards to be printed out is sent from the VO where you became a PR.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
I've been using this app for a couple of months and I want to say it's not like tracking packages. It's regular mail so it's not really "tracking". It's more useful to see how many mails coming to you but it cannot accurately tell you when they will be delivered. Also, the app only highlights ad mail from companies and most other "useful" mail will fall into general mail category without showing a sender. I don't think it's what you think it is.
Useful info, thanks ! Would be interesting to see if PR card mail atleast falls under general mail category as you mentioned.

qqylotomxmtgnmikst

Oct 28, 2021
Your eCOPR should state where you became a PR. That'd be your VO. Also, if you received the "Congratulations! You are now a permanent resident of Canada!" email from IRCC.ClientPortalEast-EstClientPortail.IRCC@cic.gc.ca, that'd also indicate that your VO is Montreal.

PR cards are sent out from Sydney CIO, Nova Scotia. However, the information for the PR cards to be printed out is sent from the VO where you became a PR.
Thank you for the detailed information. It's now certain that my VO is Montreal… and I still haven't received the GU1 since January 10th. :eek:

Yakamoz

Aug 18, 2023

Hi, please what is eCOPR?. I became permanent resident on 25th Jan and when I link my card on Gckey, it just showed that it submitted on 26th Jan. Since then no update. Just shows submitted at all

Madhur.Patwary

Star Member
Aug 3, 2023
Anyone received the first pr card from Calgary recently?
Quite a few folks here waiting from 1st 2 weeks of Jan after eCopR (Calgary VO) for PR Cards.
The Processing time for a New PR Card has silently moved onto 23 days from 15 days back in Jan :)
I remember it being like 58 days during end of Last Year - kinda seeing the same signs again :(

Reactions: Ken24

smileyos

Aug 4, 2023
Canada
Category........
AINP
App. Filed.......
22-06-2023
Quite a few folks here waiting from 1st 2 weeks of Jan after eCopR (Calgary VO) for PR Cards.
The Processing time for a New PR Card has silently moved onto 23 days from 15 days back in Jan :)
I remember it being like 58 days during end of Last Year - kinda seeing the same signs again :(
Am already on 40days today, while a lot of people are over the 40days mark. So your signs are right though.