+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card timeline - 2023

sami101

Jun 9, 2022
Got GU2 (We mailed your permanent resident card to you. Your card can take up to six weeks to arrive.) on Feb 3.
Hello, could you please tell me where you get the GU1 and GU2? Is it in your permanent residency application or Permanent Resident Card application (which is generated once you link it in gckey from pr portal)? I am a CEC inland application, who received ECOPR on January 12 this year from VO Montreal.

gazzerman

Aug 19, 2019
Ok so, I called IRCC on Friday as it was 15 days and my card has yet to be approved, they said unfortunately they updated the processing times to 18 days! Told me to call back today. So I called and they informed me that they had passed a message to the Calgary office. I was told that 18 days is the average right now. I asked what the message does and they said it simply reminds them that its not processed, it does not change anything at all and is mostly for their own record keeping to update the processing times!

So likely a total waste of time calling them today.

They confirmed that it can take 6 weeks for delivery.
I have to leave the country for a wedding on Sunday and they have told me that the only way back is via a personal vehicle over the border, or via a PRTD which takes 6 weeks to process.

The airline wont let me back on the plane without my PR Card and I cannot get another ETA, so I had more rights to enter Canada as a foreigner than I do with my new status LOL

Its such a backwards system!

lanph128

Jan 26, 2024
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
saw someone's post on facebook... now i wish i had a boyfriend that works for IRCC :oops: LOL isn't Etobicoke having a backlog? o_O

FINALLY... Thank you VO ETOBICOKE (esp my Boyfriend working in IRCC)

My timeline

AOR: Aug 25 2023
Final decision: Dec 8 2023
Portal 1: Dec 12 2023
Portal 2: Dec 19 2023
eCOPR: Jan 24 2024
PR card mailed: January 29 2024
PR card received: Feb 5 2024

Last edited:

MarCar

Dec 5, 2020
Ok so, I called IRCC on Friday as it was 15 days and my card has yet to be approved, they said unfortunately they updated the processing times to 18 days! Told me to call back today. So I called and they informed me that they had passed a message to the Calgary office. I was told that 18 days is the average right now. I asked what the message does and they said it simply reminds them that its not processed, it does not change anything at all and is mostly for their own record keeping to update the processing times!

I have to leave the country for a wedding on Sunday and they have told me that the only way back is via a personal vehicle over the border, or via a PRTD which takes 6 weeks to process.

The airline wont let me back on the plane without my PR Card and I cannot get another ETA, so I had more rights to enter Canada as a foreigner than I do with my new status LOL

Where are you going? I heard some cases that if you are flying from the US, there are some leeways about travel documents.
I saw from this post here: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/will-i-be-able-to-travel-back-to-canada.816687/post-10579091

gazzerman

Aug 19, 2019
Where are you going? I heard some cases that if you are flying from the US, there are some leeways about travel documents.
I saw from this post here: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/will-i-be-able-to-travel-back-to-canada.816687/post-10579091
Thanks for the link to that, I am travelling to LA and then to Mexico, then Mexico City direct back to Vancouver.

IRCC did say that the decision is with the airline. If I get on the flight then I will be fine.

CleitonRasta24

Nov 17, 2023

I have the same problem, trip schedule to the end of February and not even a sign of PR card updates. And I also don't have an USA visa which makes everything even more complicated because I can't even fly to the USA and come back on private vehicle.

It takes forever to get residency freedom and now I just feel completely stuck.

• Sad
Reactions: gazzerman

Madhur.Patwary

Star Member
Aug 3, 2023
eCoPR: 09th Jan | Calgary Office
Way above the initial 15 day time period initially, which has now changed to 18 days.

Called IRCC like 2 weeks back, they said they added a Note against my case for delay and asked not to contact them until 60 days :D if Card is still not received
Anyone around the same boat with eCoPRs received from the Calgary Office within the first 2 weeks of Jan'24 ?

smileyos

Aug 4, 2023
Canada
Category........
AINP
App. Filed.......
22-06-2023
Way above the initial 15 day time period initially, which has now changed to 18 days.

Called IRCC like 2 weeks back, they said they added a Note against my case for delay and asked not to contact them until 60 days :D if Card is still not received
Anyone around the same boat with eCoPRs received from the Calgary Office within the first 2 weeks of Jan'24 ?
Lol, Do not mind them, some November ecopr as still waiting for their cards, keep bothering them, the issue is from Calgary office as they are the ones that are supposed to process the pr card and then send it to Sydney for printing. I have sent several forms and also emails to Calgary office, I capped it gcms note as well with complaints feedback to them (4 separate ones). Lol

Last edited:

Ken24

Star Member
Dec 30, 2023
Vancouver
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
09-04-2023
Nomination.....
05-06-2023
AOR Received.
26-06-2023
Med's Done....
13-07-2023

It looks like the Calgary office is taking a much longer time to process our card application as compared to other VOs. I got my eCOPR from the Calgary office on January 2, and it's been more than a month and I received no updates, either.

Madhur.Patwary

Star Member
Aug 3, 2023
Lol, Do not mind them, some November ecopr as still waiting for their cards, keep bothering them, the issue is from Calgary office as they are the ones that are supposed to process the pr card and then send it to Sydney for printing. I have sent several forms and also emails to Calgary office, I capped it gcms note as well with complaints feedback to them (4 separate ones). Lol
Thanks for the info and glad to know that my case is just not a glitch :)
Wonder if the Average Processing Time of 18 days (currently) is for all the Offices with ranging from anywhere from 1 -8 weeks to get a super good average number to showcase to the world and be proud off :D

smileyos

Aug 4, 2023
Canada
Category........
AINP
App. Filed.......
22-06-2023
Thanks for the info and glad to know that my case is just not a glitch :)
Wonder if the Average Processing Time of 18 days (currently) is for all the Offices with ranging from anywhere from 1 -8 weeks to get a super good average number to showcase to the world and be proud off :D
Their average processing seems its only for Montreal issued ecopr, lol, Calgary has no end for now :D

arantxapalou

Nov 27, 2023
So I am unable to link my PR application to the GCkey and I called yesterday to see if they can help me with it and the lady (very rudely) said the only way to get updates of my card i through the portal where i uploaded my picture and address. Is this true? I don’t think so but I didn’t insist cause the woman was veeery rude.

My husband got his card last week and I didn’t, when I called they said the was an issue with printing and when I asked what was the issue thinking it could be my picture they said it was my last name that got printed wrong. So I told this to the lady I spoke to yesterday and she said “who said that? they shouldn’t have given you that information”. Like who says that?

I am beyond tired of this situation.

My timeline below for anyone wondering:

AOR: April 28, 2023
Approval: October 26, 2023
eCoPR: December 21, 2023
My husband received his card on Jan 31, 2024
Still waiting for mine
VO Etobicoke and I live in Etobicoke
My husband’s card came from Sydney though

Good luck to everyone

Deividas

Star Member
Apr 3, 2023

Yep that's how it works here in Canada o_O

The main issue is the airline as they may refuse you to board, other than that you would be fine. I am in a similar situation but my flight is in march

Reactions: gazzerman