+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card timeline - 2023

arantxapalou

Nov 27, 2023
What does GU2 mean again? I also got ECOPR on Dec 21 from etobicoke but I couldn't link it to my application for some reason.

Please keep us posted when you receive your card.

We need to travel on Feb 11 to not lose our citizenship from back home
My husband got his PR card today. I am missing mine.

Let’s see when I get it.

smileyos

Aug 4, 2023
Canada
Category........
AINP
App. Filed.......
22-06-2023
What is ptrd?
An Agent sent this to me.

Permanent Resident Travel Document

If you are (or plan to be) outside Canada without a valid permanent resident card (PR card) and you need to return to Canada on a commercial vehicle (e.g., plane, train, boat or bus), you may be able to obtain a Permanent Resident Travel Document (PRTD) to travel back to Canada by following the steps below.

How to apply:

Before leaving Canada (if applicable):

• We strongly encourage you to consult the Document Checklist in advance and to bring all the required documents with you.
Processing times:

• These may vary depending on where the application is processed,
  • For more information, please contact the office processing your application.
Important information:

• If you return to Canada in a private vehicle (e.g., your car), the PR card is not mandatory, you may use one of the following immigration documents:
    • Record of Landing (IMM 1000), or
    • Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5292 or IMM 5688).
  • Upon your return to Canada, we invite you to apply for a PR card.

Reactions: arantxapalou

arantxapalou

Nov 27, 2023
An Agent sent this to me.

Permanent Resident Travel Document

If you are (or plan to be) outside Canada without a valid permanent resident card (PR card) and you need to return to Canada on a commercial vehicle (e.g., plane, train, boat or bus), you may be able to obtain a Permanent Resident Travel Document (PRTD) to travel back to Canada by following the steps below.

How to apply:

Before leaving Canada (if applicable):

• We strongly encourage you to consult the Document Checklist in advance and to bring all the required documents with you.
Processing times:

• These may vary depending on where the application is processed,
  • For more information, please contact the office processing your application.
Important information:

• If you return to Canada in a private vehicle (e.g., your car), the PR card is not mandatory, you may use one of the following immigration documents:
    • Record of Landing (IMM 1000), or
    • Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5292 or IMM 5688).
  • Upon your return to Canada, we invite you to apply for a PR card.
Got it thank you! but I have to apply being outside of Canada I believe which doesn’t guarantee me how long I can be out of the country and I have a job I can’t lose :(

smileyos

Aug 4, 2023
Canada
Category........
AINP
App. Filed.......
22-06-2023
Got it thank you! but I have to apply being outside of Canada I believe which doesn’t guarantee me how long I can be out of the country and I have a job I can’t lose :(
There's a timeline for it, and if all documents are available, should follow the timeline, but ircc can always surprise us.

tomtom104

Star Member
Apr 24, 2022
PRTD is about 2 to 8 weeks depending on the local visa offices. However, if you have a valid US Visa or US Visa exempt passport, and given that you are living close the border, so you can just book a flight to the US and drive back to Canada

Reactions: arantxapalou