+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card timeline - 2023

chlo0402

Sep 19, 2023
Finally, this PR journey is over for me and my partner, we both received our card. Here is our timeline:

CEC Inland with 1 dependant

eCopr:
Sep 21, 2023
GU1: Nov 1, 2023 (for both main applicant and dependant)
GU2: Nov 13 (dependant), Nov 14 (main applicant)
PR Card delivered (we live in Etobicoke area): Nov 20 (dependant), Nov 21 (main applicant)

VO: Etobicoke

Thanks so much to everyone in this forum, for constantly updating and answering questions, it helped me a lot through this journey. I hope those who haven't received the card will get the card very soon. And hopefully, we will gather in a forum again for the citizenship <3

chlo0402

Sep 19, 2023
Omg after 3 months of waiting finally an update.

eCOPR - Aug. 2, 2023
GU 1 - Nov. 14, 2023
GU 2 - Nov. 22, 2023
PR Card delivery - waiting

I’m in PEI. How long does it usually take for it to be received? I’m flying out next wednesday Nov 29.
it took me 8 days including the weekend, but I saw some people receive it within 4 days only, prolly depends on the area since the card is dispatched in Sydney, Nova Scotia. Fingers crossed that you will get the PR card before the flight !!

Reactions: odaissax

ibrahimabulabannnn

Nov 6, 2023
I have a flight on dec 13th and applied for my pr renewal over three months ago. it has exceeded normal processing time and I have sent two webforms and no reply. I also contacted my MP and no update from her either. What am I supposed to do? I see people here getting their PR renewal during normal processing times, which makes me wonder whats happening to my application.

Ramrz

Jun 16, 2021
Hey I got my ECOPR on Nov 20th and it’s from Montreal. I have a trip booked and paid on January 9th and I have to leave the country for a week and since I got my PR now It’s impossible to get in with my work permit. Anybody knows how long does it take to get the PR card these days?

mbmhp2023

Nov 22, 2023
Hey I got my ECOPR on Nov 20th and it’s from Montreal. I have a trip booked and paid on January 9th and I have to leave the country for a week and since I got my PR now It’s impossible to get in with my work permit. Anybody knows how long does it take to get the PR card these days?

Hi.

I got my EcoPR on Oct 5th and I had a trip for today. I had to cancel because I have not received my PR Card despite IRCC saying that it was mailed over a week ago. I recommend you to wait a little longer and see if you receive your GU1 and GU2. It could be at any time, so you might be lucky to have your PR card in time.

Last edited:

kArora

Nov 16, 2019
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
Hi
Didn't you consider traveling back on a PRTD?
Wondering why you decided to cancel instead.

Hi.

I got my EcoPR on Oct 5th and I had a trip for today. I had to cancel because I have not received my PR Card despite IRCC saying that it was mailed over a week ago. I recommend you to wait a little longer and see if you receive your GU1 and GU2. It could be at any time, so you might be lucky to have your PR card in time.

SarahPart

Star Member
Jul 4, 2023
Hello,

-CEC, 524
-AOR: May 4, 2023
-ECoPR: Nov 10, 2023
-GU1: Nov 19, 2023
-GU2: Nov 23, 2023

All in all the process was about 6.5 months.
Finally it's coming to an end.

Good luck to everyone.

Reactions: Dutchie1 and kArora

babysharkiy

Star Member
Oct 9, 2021
Hi guys,

Inland members under EE application received their PR cards and outland members landed Canada couple of days back.
Now I am trying to link their PR Card applications to GC Key and GC Key doesn't find.

Anyone had similar situation?

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Hi guys,

Inland members under EE application received their PR cards and outland members landed Canada couple of days back.
Now I am trying to link their PR Card applications to GC Key and GC Key doesn't find.

Anyone had similar situation?
If you are from India, when you link PR card application ,use Place of Birth as CITY,(SPACE)STATE. Also try as per CoPR or GCMS notes

kArora

Nov 16, 2019
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
Congrats! what's your visa office?

Hello,

-CEC, 524

Good luck to everyone.

Dutchie1

Jul 18, 2023
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Yes
Hello,

-CEC, 524

Good luck to everyone.
You had the first GU on a Sunday? I had mine on monday so hoping my time is coming soon ;)

Reactions: preet caur

Petejames

Star Member
Dec 21, 2022
Hi everyone. I just got a message from my gckey that may pr card was mailed to my address. How does it usually take before receiving it?

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Hi everyone. I just got a message from my gckey that may pr card was mailed to my address. How does it usually take before receiving it?
depends on address/region where you instructed them to send. expect 10-12 days if you are in AB or BC