Med's Request
17-05-2023
Med's Done....
17-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2023
LANDED..........
22-06-2023
Hi, in your signature you mentioned that you linked to GCKey, is there any advantage to do so. Does the PR portal not enough to track the processing status of the PR card?
The PR Portal is pretty unreliable. My PR card has been mailed out to me already, and the PR Portal is still showing that my address and photo are still under review. You're better off linking the PR card application to GCKey for more accurate updatess

Mar 16, 2019
The PR Portal is pretty unreliable. My PR card has been mailed out to me already, and the PR Portal is still showing that my address and photo are still under review. You're better off linking the PR card application to GCKey for more accurate updatess
Hi @sean468 Can you please let me know when your card arrives. I have my dependent card mailed out on the same day as yours. August 15

Reactions: sean468

Rahal2000

Star Member
Nov 23, 2022
Link using these steps - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account/link-paper-online.html

PR portal wont show status of PR card, linking will help you track that progress.
Thank you for your reply. I linked my application to my GCKey. But, it seems the interface is not made for such kind of applications. It contains the following information:

Review of eligibility Help - Review of eligibility
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results Help - Review of medical results
You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents Help - Review of additional documents
We do not need additional documents.
Interview Help - Interview
You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics Help - Biometrics
We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check Help - Background check
Not applicable.
Final decision Help - Final decision
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Is this what it should look like when we link our PR application to GCKey?

Rahal2000

Star Member
Nov 23, 2022
Thank you @sean468. I linked my application. But, I am confusing as the interface of the application looks like any other application that requires bio, background check, .. etc

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Thank you for your reply. I linked my application to my GCKey. But, it seems the interface is not made for such kind of applications. It contains the following information:

Review of eligibility Help - Review of eligibility
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results Help - Review of medical results
You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents Help - Review of additional documents
We do not need additional documents.
Interview Help - Interview
You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics Help - Biometrics
We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check Help - Background check
Not applicable.
Final decision Help - Final decision
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Is this what it should look like when we link our PR application to GCKey?
Yes interface is same as PR application

novemberrain

Sep 6, 2022
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Kitchener
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
9-11-2022
AOR Received.
10-11-2022
Hi, in your signature you mentioned that you linked to GCKey, is there any advantage to do so. Does the PR portal not enough to track the processing status of the PR card?
Yeah, PR portal is a joke! I got my card last month and it's still showing "In review with IRCC" on the PR portal so no, I don't trust it =) Linking the PR card application would be the best way to track the card as you can see the ghost updates and all that.
Please do it!

Dansal

Star Member
Oct 4, 2022
Who knows, my status Final decision - August 2, 2023:Your application is in progress.
How long usually it takes get card from this status

PR Portal shows that Mail address accepted, photo is still in review with IRCC
Were you asked to submit photos again? After how many days of resubmitting photos did you get your PR card?

pw0032239

Oct 24, 2021
Can someone tell me how can we link PR card application to GC key? Is this a separate application than express entry application?

Rahal2000

Star Member
Nov 23, 2022
Yeah, PR portal is a joke! I got my card last month and it's still showing "In review with IRCC" on the PR portal so no, I don't trust it =) Linking the PR card application would be the best way to track the card as you can see the ghost updates and all that.
Please do it!
Appreciated!

ssav

Aug 17, 2023
Please do it!
This is probably a really stupid question but I feel like this process is making me that anyway! =) Do you get an email notification for these ghost updates? Or do you have to just keep checking your GIC account for this?

sean468

Mar 10, 2022
Calgary
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
28-11-2022
Nomination.....
23-11-2022
AOR Received.
28-11-2022
Med's Request
17-05-2023
Med's Done....
17-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2023
LANDED..........
22-06-2023
This is probably a really stupid question but I feel like this process is making me that anyway! =) Do you get an email notification for these ghost updates? Or do you have to just keep checking your GIC account for this?
The only email I got on my PR Card was when the application status had changed from Submitted to Approved - which was also when they put the card details and a message to say that they had mailed the card.

Reactions: ssav