+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card timeline - 2023

montreal2023

Jul 26, 2023
CoPR: June 16th
GU1: July 25th (ghost update - application in progress)
GU2: July 28th (ghost update - approved and card mailed)

Waiting for the card to arrive now. My photo still in review with IRCC. The best way to follow up the updates is throught GCKEY

Reactions: Maria0000

juospcas

Jul 21, 2023

Waiting for the card to arrive now. My photo still in review with IRCC. The best way to follow up the updates is throught GCKEY
What is your VO?

juospcas

Jul 21, 2023
According to the conditions, you can apply for PTRD only if you are outside the country without a valid PR, see here https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-travel-document/eligibility.html
you can receive your PR any time before your travel. Try to call IRCC and talk to an agent is better.
Thanks! I thought about the option of a PRTD but I will be in Europe only for 5 days, so I am afraid I won't get it on time.

I managed to talk to an IRCC agent and he suggested waiting for the 28 days of processing time and call them back if haven't received it by then. However, from what I have seen in this forum, it takes about 1.5 to 2 months! Hopefully, I receive it on time!

Rahal2000

Star Member
Nov 23, 2022

is Montreal your VO?

novemberrain

Sep 6, 2022
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Kitchener
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
9-11-2022
AOR Received.
10-11-2022
hi Guys does the 28 days processing time include weekends too or its talking about "business days"
To my understanding, it includes weekends as well. I got my COPR on June 8 and called them July 11, then I got my card in hand on July 20.

novemberrain

Sep 6, 2022
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Kitchener
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
9-11-2022
AOR Received.
10-11-2022
thanks, when you called what did you say? I plan on calling on Monday
Oh, I just asked them about the status of my PR card application. I didn't even mention it was past processing time but the agent said it first, and she was very kind to say that she would note that my application was past the processing time and the next day, I got a ghost update on my PR card application, and I got the card in hand 8 days later.

travel_1234

Jul 31, 2023
ECoPR June 22nd
Linked the GCKey - July 22nd
Called IRCC - july 27th - said they would put a note that it is beyond processing date
Called today (July 31st) - said it has been approved and sent for printing
First GU today - application processing

Last edited:
Reactions: Akshat Mahajan

Sree2750

Star Member
Oct 27, 2021
Hello, I had a question in my profile creation, if i m creating my profile now in August, and complete 2 years of canadian exp in september, can i mention 2 years or is it still one?

cz999

Feb 1, 2020
NOC Code......
Hello, I had a question in my profile creation, if i m creating my profile now in August, and complete 2 years of canadian exp in september, can i mention 2 years or is it still one?
Wrong thread, this is only for PR card. But to answer your question, when you create your profile you just need to put in when you started working and the system will calculate it for you automatically. If you started working in sep 2021, the system will consider that as 2 years starting tomorrow (august 2023) because the system only counts months not days and you can receive ITA with scores that count 2 years of experience. You can accept said ITA but should wait until you actually have 2 years of experience (sometime in September) to submit your final application.

Reactions: Sree2750