+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card timeline - 2023

Madhur.Patwary

Star Member
Aug 3, 2023
Looks like IRCC made some site level changes and I believe it has nothing to do with the PR Card status. Is everyone observing these changes?
Yes they made the Portal 2 Site more fancy now.
And the "Status last updated" column on this new site shows the current date am guessing.
But there is nothing linked/no ghost emails etc to the PR Application on GC Key.

Another scenario of Artificial Excitement seeing the Status Update Date as Current :D

Tong tong

Star Member
Nov 7, 2023
I checked my email and I don't have this information. I think the email is different depending on your VO. I got my e-mail from Calgary and there's no indication of the PR card.
And I still don't have an update for the moment.
this is from the IRCC website. after you recieved your copr. the PR card should be mail to you within 7 to 8 weeks. not like people say in here 7 weeks after they mail out your PR card. it doesnt make sense. it doesnt take 7 weeks to arrive within canada. the most is 10 days all over canada or 5 days.

my husband visa office is in Etobicoke ontario

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
this is from the IRCC website. after you recieved your copr. the PR card should be mail to you within 7 to 8 weeks. not like people say in here 7 weeks after they mail out your PR card. it doesnt make sense. it doesnt take 7 weeks to arrive within canada. the most is 10 days all over canada or 5 days.

my husband visa office is in Etobicoke ontario
IRCC themselves say to wait for 6 weeks AFTER card is mailed out - https://ircc.canada.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=720&top=4

Not sure why you think "after you recieved your copr. the PR card should be mail to you within 7 to 8 weeks"

Tong tong

Star Member
Nov 7, 2023
That's common, my friend received his card after almost 5 months from copr :)

IRCC is unpredictable
this is from the IRCC website. after you recieved your copr. the PR card should be mail to you within 7 to 8 weeks. not like people say in here 7 weeks after they mail out your PR card. it doesnt make sense. it doesnt take 7 weeks to arrive within canada. the most is 10 days all over canada or 5 days.. and the website says after 7 weeks and you still didnt recieve your PR card you have to do a Solemm Declaration forms and send it to Novia Scotia. which we just did 2 days ago.

CleitonRasta24

Nov 17, 2023
this is from the IRCC website. after you recieved your copr. the PR card should be mail to you within 7 to 8 weeks. not like people say in here 7 weeks after they mail out your PR card. it doesnt make sense. it doesnt take 7 weeks to arrive within canada. the most is 10 days all over canada or 5 days.. and the website says after 7 weeks and you still didnt recieve your PR card you have to do a Solemm Declaration forms and send it to Novia Scotia. which we just did 2 days ago.
Good Luck with that then.

Tong tong

Star Member
Nov 7, 2023
What is the minimum time taking for pr card ?
I got ecopr 21st feb how many time i can waiting for pr card i have a travel plan next month out of canada ?

Tong tong

Star Member
Nov 7, 2023
You mean the PR card was mailed 7 weeks ago and you still havent received it ?

Please note, the clock starts after your card is mailed to you
Totally not true. who told you this the clock starts after it mailed out to you the pr card?

Tong tong

Star Member
Nov 7, 2023
same timelime for the ecorp and not update from pr card

CleitonRasta24

Nov 17, 2023
yes you have to do what you have to do. instead of keep waiting. this is according to the IRCC website.
I still think you're misinterpreting what the website says:

"Use this form if you have waited six weeks longer than the normal processing time and you still have not received your PR card;"

But if the Solemn Declaration works for you, great! Good Luck :)

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/solemn-declaration-lost-stolen-destroyed-never-received-permanent-resident-card.html

Tong tong

Star Member
Nov 7, 2023
That is not how it works :) . Couple of us here have already suggested you to track status of your PR card through GCKey. Here is repeat -

1. Seems you dont have a GCKey, create one - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html
2. Once GCKey account is created, link PR card application to this GCKey account - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account/link-paper-online.html
3. You will see an update when your card is mailed out
4. You will have to wait for upto 6 weeks to receive the PR card once it is mailed out, this is standard time which IRCC suggests. If you dont receive PR card 6 weeks after it was mailed out is when you need to send a Solemn Declaration
[/QUO

My husband dont have the PR card application forms. everything was done through our immigration lawyer. but he have the Portal and check status of PR card. it kept saying Photo under review. we called our lawyer and he's job is already done all we have to do is wait for the PR card he says. He cannot rush it any faster it's not in his hands. He told us to be patients or call IRCC. why our last email and our Portal never say anything we have to wait 6 weeks after the pr card is mail out. it just doesnt make any sense.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Totally not true. who told you this the clock starts after it mailed out to you the pr card?
https://ircc.canada.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=720&top=4

Bayantemur

Aug 17, 2023
Yes they made the Portal 2 Site more fancy now.
And the "Status last updated" column on this new site shows the current date am guessing.
But there is nothing linked/no ghost emails etc to the PR Application on GC Key.

Another scenario of Artificial Excitement seeing the Status Update Date as Current :D
Lol, now we have another place to imply us we have ghost updates every time we check; IRCC is just fooling us.

lanph128

Jan 26, 2024
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
Similar timeline
eCOPR : Jan 23rd

No updates yet. Processing time was 15 days back then. It's 34 days as of today
:(
Hope I receive it before my travel in April .
Haha they only processed as far as Jan 9 ecopr from Etobicoke as of today. Looks like you're gonna have to keep waiting..