+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card stuck in Decision Made status for the 2.5 months

shevas2003

Star Member
Feb 24, 2022
Hi All,

I have applied for my PR card renewal when I visited Canada. I am accompanying my Canadian Citizen spouse in USA and we are planning to relocate back to Canada. However we have stuff to wrap up here so when I visited Canada back in June, I applied for my PR card to be renewed with our relative's address. All went very smoothly(all though a little slow) until my status changed to "Decision Made" back in October. Nothing since then so what does that mean? Is there a phone # that I can call to inquire what is taking so long? I would really appreciate if any of you can pass along a phone #

ndse2

Jul 15, 2019
It's been over a week and no response to the webform. They just responded saying thanks for contacting IRCC, and we're experiencing a high volume of requests, so our response maybe delayed.
Any idea what I can do?
Just wait ! Unfortunately nothing else you can do .

shevas2003

Star Member
Feb 24, 2022
They do in a week.
I finally received an email from CIC asking me to come in person to the Ottawa CIC office to pick my extended PR Card. I had applied in June 2022 and am currently in USA accompanying my Canadian citizen husband. We are trying to move back to Canada and so I applied for the extension of my expired card during our visit to Ottawa. I have requested them to change my appointment from March to May, is there any way I can request them to ship my PR card to the Canadian address I provided on the form? Do they usually respond to the request to change the appointment day & time soon?