+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Solemn Declaration Processing Time

Abhy1989

Sep 1, 2021
SD doesn’t work this way. SD is for when your card is approved and mailed but you never received it. In your case, you will just need to wait.
But as per IRCC it also says that if we never received a Card even after 6 weeks, we can still submit.

Use this form if:
  • you have waited six weeks longer than the normal processing time and you still have not received your PR card; or
  • your PR card was lost, stolen or destroyed but you don’t want to reapply for a new one right now.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/solemn-declaration-lost-stolen-destroyed-never-received-permanent-resident-card.html

Anyways it doesn't make any harm in submitting i suppose...

Reactions: moraesfcarol

Abhy1989

Sep 1, 2021
Any updates on the PR Cards from Montreal Office ? I am still waiting since Feb 2021. Seems New Online Portal for PR Card is much faster. Not sure how many more days do i have to wait for a piece of plastic.

marioB96

Sep 15, 2020
Regina
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21 March 2019
Doc's Request.
14 July 2020
AOR Received.
8 May 2019
Any updates on the PR Cards from Montreal Office ? I am still waiting since Feb 2021. Seems New Online Portal for PR Card is much faster. Not sure how many more days do i have to wait for a piece of plastic.
If its been more than 180 days from the day you become a PR you need to submit a new PR card application :/ because of the photo.
Go to the IRCC website and gather the docs its not that hard and the fee is only 50$.

Abhy1989

Sep 1, 2021
If its been more than 180 days from the day you become a PR you need to submit a new PR card application :/ because of the photo.
Go to the IRCC website and gather the docs its not that hard and the fee is only 50$.
I just had a call this morning with Client Support & this is relevant only if PR Card was mailed IRCC but never received to the applicant. In my case they just asked me to wait.

Visha2711

Star Member
Dec 28, 2016
I just had a call this morning with Client Support & this is relevant only if PR Card was mailed IRCC but never received to the applicant. In my case they just asked me to wait.
Yeah. That is what I was trying to say that 180 days are for the same too. I know it is frustrating but there is nothing much you can do besides waiting. I hope you get your card soon.