+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card send by CIC by registered mail or normal mail?

Keithcjk

Star Member
Apr 22, 2012
Hi, regarding PR card, I have 2 questions :

what happened was there I send my application for PR card renewal in september 2014. In November 2014 they send it back to me to fill up some missing information. I filled that up and sent it to them the next day. They received it in November and start processing it but then in Feb 2015 they send me a letter to say that it will be send for second review and will be delayed. I went online to check, it says they have started processing it on 25 feb 2015 and it is in progress.

1) Is there a possibility that it is still 'in progress' in the system but the applicant can receive the renewed PR card before the status online is changed to approve?

2) If they send it by mail, will it be registered mail or normal mail?

Thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Keithcjk said:
Hi, regarding PR card, I have 2 questions :

what happened was there I send my application for PR card renewal in september 2014. In November 2014 they send it back to me to fill up some missing information. I filled that up and sent it to them the next day. They received it in November and start processing it but then in Feb 2015 they send me a letter to say that it will be send for second review and will be delayed. I went online to check, it says they have started processing it on 25 feb 2015 and it is in progress.

1) Is there a possibility that it is still 'in progress' in the system but the applicant can receive the renewed PR card before the status online is changed to approve?

2) If they send it by mail, will it be registered mail or normal mail?

Thanks
1. Yes, especially if it is for secondary review.
2. Regular mail, a small percentage require in person pick up.