+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card returned to CIC

a_P12345

Sep 30, 2019
I landed on Aug 18th 2019. My PR card was mailed on Sep 4th 2019 by IRCC. However, I never received it. When I called them on their helpline on Sep 19 and verified my address, I realized that the address on file was incorrect. Thus, the IRCC agent told me that she has corrected the address and also put a note that "If it is returned to the IRCC processing centre, they will immediately send it out to the correct address".

Thus, when I called them back on Sep 24 2019, the agent told me that the card has returned and it will be sent out immediately.

Now, when, I called them back on Sep 26 2019 just to verify that they have mailed my card, the agent said that the card will be mailed within 15 days of it being returned.

Then, I called them back on Sep 27 2019, another agent answered my call and said the card will be despatched within 7 days of it being returned.

Then, I called them back today, Oct 1 2019, to re-verify that as 7 days are over since the card was returned, it will be despatched as per the agents comments on Sep 27, 2019. However, a new agent answered my call and told me that the card is still not mailed out and it will take "upto 6 weeks" for the card to be sent back to me.

Please can some help me understand the process of re-sending back the card when it gets returned and how long IRCC takes to send it back.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Why would you call them on the 26th and again on the 27th? Call centre agents for IRCC are notoriously uninformed. You’ll just have to wait till it shows up.

Reactions: dpenabill